Coat changing shades of color?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Niobie
Newborn Bully

Coat changing shades of color?

Postby Niobie » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:24 pm

Niobie is starting to shed her hair. but i keep up with it by brushing her with the furminator brush.. but i noticed her hair is getting shades lighter? she is almost 7 months old, and has had dark brown hair.. but i noticed that her hair is a few shades lighter of dark brown and there is a large spot ( of her old dark brown hair color) on the back of her neck.. i dont know if there is such a thing as losing puppy hair, or if she has a reaction to soemthig? she hasnt had any shots latley or any fleak/tick medicine on her either. she has still been eating her innova, so nothing has changed with her everyday conditions..
should it be something i should worry about?

Legend
Adolescent Bully

Postby Legend » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:33 am

I use perfect coat... the black bottle :headbang:

MySharona
Newborn Bully

Coat color change

Postby MySharona » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:03 am

I'm a newbie, so wiser heads than mine may prevail...but figured my experience might help.

I had the same thing happen with Brody but the opposite -- she lost all this lighter colored hair from her brown spots and it came back in darker. Of course, she was emaciated and sick when we rescued her so it could have been her new, healthy diet and her mange medicine, and you said your girl didn't have anything like that. So I'm probably just talking out my donkey.

It sort of freaked me out a little bit, but it didn't seem to bother her when it was happening, so I just kinda watched her closely in case it started to itch or show signs of something other than just shedding.

:dunno:

TangoJr
Matured Bully

Postby TangoJr » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:20 pm

The same thing happened to my pup. She's about a year and a half, I got her in the winter and she was DARK RED. a couple months later she started shedding and now she's a LOT lighter. There's still a couple spots that are darker. it amuses me. the vet said it was normal.... :dunno:

Return to “Health Issues”