MALE DOG IN HEAT

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
jdmeg6
Newborn Bully

MALE DOG IN HEAT

Postby jdmeg6 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:50 am

how long does male dog stay in heat? i have a male and female their both 8-9 months old both are in heat i just started to sperated them after the females 12th day of bleeding, and now the male dog wont stop whining and crying, LOL. its not getting really annoying how do i shut him up .

Amie

Postby Amie » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:00 am

They don't, he's responding to the female being in heat, and you may have a litter on your hands before long.
:frown:

crazy4pits
Addicted to PBF

Postby crazy4pits » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:03 am

The male dog is not in heat. He is acting like that cause she is and he is gonna go crazy like that until it's done and overwith. But he could continue to act like that even when she is done. Not as bad but will still try to mount her.

Get your dogs fixed is the best advice that can be given.

jdmeg6
Newborn Bully

Postby jdmeg6 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:04 am

even couple months before the female was in heat he will always try to mount her, but now that she is in heat its gotten worst, so males dogs are in heat year round?

Amie

Postby Amie » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:11 am

No, they aren't in heat ever.

But they are capable of producing offspring at any time. As you will see, if you left the male and female together while she was in heat (which is the only time she is capable of getting pregnant).

crazy4pits
Addicted to PBF

Postby crazy4pits » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:18 am

jdmeg6 wrote:even couple months before the female was in heat he will always try to mount her, but now that she is in heat its gotten worst, so males dogs are in heat year round?

Male dogs are never in heat. But he can smell a female in heat from a good distance also, he will try to escape your yard etc. He can get to them through a wire crate, through a fence ( I have seen a male dog tie a female through a chain link fence) whatever it won't stop him

jdmeg6
Newborn Bully

Postby jdmeg6 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:25 am

crazy4pits wrote:
jdmeg6 wrote:even couple months before the female was in heat he will always try to mount her, but now that she is in heat its gotten worst, so males dogs are in heat year round?

Male dogs are never in heat. But he can smell a female in heat from a good distance also, he will try to escape your yard etc. He can get to them through a wire crate, through a fence ( I have seen a male dog tie a female through a chain link fence) whatever it won't stop him

my male dog is not that smart

crazy4pits
Addicted to PBF

Postby crazy4pits » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:27 am

jdmeg6 wrote:
crazy4pits wrote:

Don't under estimate your dog or you will be coming back here saying, she's pregnant. They are more determined than what you think. It happens so fast, you will be standing there saying "OH $h!t!"

AmstaffMommy
Bully Ambassador

Postby AmstaffMommy » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:28 am

jdmeg6 wrote:
crazy4pits wrote:

It isnt intelligence, it is INSTINCT! Do yourself a favor and fix at least one of them. If you know so little about canine reproduction you wont want to end up with a litter of pups.

Amie

Postby Amie » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:28 am

:coffee:

suzi
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby suzi » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:30 am

[/quote]my male dog is not that smart[/quote]

*sigh*

chewbecca
Addicted to PBF

Postby chewbecca » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:47 am

This is truly a "WTF????" thread.

The Teflon Don
Addicted to PBF

Postby The Teflon Don » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:10 am

Me thinks you will have puppies....

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:27 am

:skurrd:

Please take one or both of your dogs to the vet and ask the vet to spay/neuter both dogs.
Thank you!

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:37 am

oh my :crybaby:

Return to “Health Issues”