Nick has bone cancer (leg)

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
patty

Postby patty » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:38 pm

RIP Nick :crybaby: Run free of pain at Rainbow Bridge.

I'm so sorry for your loss :hug:

kodasmom
Super Bully

Postby kodasmom » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:38 pm

:hug: :pray :hug: :pray :hug: :pray

Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Postby Nickdawg » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:47 am

Thanks for all the much needed hugs and words. I miss him soooo much and can't believe he is no longer here. :crybaby: I am still looking for him and the tears are never ending....

He was such a special boy and I was so lucky to have found him, his adoption story is here, a few posts down:

http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.p ... highlight=

I wrote this for my boy last night,

please let me dream of you tonight,
I want one more kiss,
one more cuddle, one more
snorty snort, my heart
is broken broken broken
smashed to bits and pieces
without you here

Jazzy
Pit Bull Princess Pamperer

Postby Jazzy » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:42 am

patty wrote:RIP Nick :crybaby: Run free of pain at Rainbow Bridge.

I'm so sorry for your loss :hug:

X2

Well said.

chia pit
Matured Bully

Postby chia pit » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:31 pm

:frown: :hug: :hug: :teardrops: :teardrops:

Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Postby Nickdawg » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:03 pm

I can't stand that the post is going to slip off the page :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

I am LOST without my boy, I miss him sooooo much...have been coming here b/c it makes me feel closer to him somehow as I said in another post :frown:

Thanks again for all the hugs, support and kind words... it has helped me as much as anything can. I am going to work today on putting together some pictures for a memorial in awhile.

I am grateful that due to a significant back problem I have been off work for over a year and was able to spend alot of time with him that I would not have had otherwise. Recently I have been improving and planning to go back hopefully by August or September... this will be good for me I think.... thanks again,

Michelle

Beowulf
Addicted to PBF

Postby Beowulf » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:37 pm

Keep coming back to this post as long as you need to! We'll be here for you.

I remember when one of my dogs passed away I had one friend who really seemed to care. The rest thought I was crazy because it was "just a dog." The one who cared made a world of difference.

And the difference here is that we're your people. :hug: :hug: :hug:

defendabull
Addicted to PBF

Postby defendabull » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:45 pm

:teardrops:
i am so sorry.
it is heartbreaking
to lose them. i lost
a rottie to cancer five
years ago and i still
really miss her. now
i smile when i think of
her instead of cry. it
takes time to mend your
heart after losing a dog.
:hug:

PitFriend
Addicted to PBF

Postby PitFriend » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:07 pm

It definitely takes time, and you will always miss him. One day it won't hurt so much to remember and your tears will turn to smiles. Until then, don't rush things, take your time to mourn. :hug:

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:15 pm

Michelle
I am so very, very sorry.
Only time will lessen and dull the pain, may it pass quickly for you.

Nick
Rest well dear boy, rest well.

Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Postby Nickdawg » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:21 pm

Thank you all so much... I know it's going to take a long long time and that's ok (well, not, but you know what I mean) because the time I spent with him was so worth it... it's painful to love but better to than not.

CinderDee
Bully Ambassador

Postby CinderDee » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:33 am

please let me dream of you tonight,
I want one more kiss,
one more cuddle, one more
snorty snort, my heart
is broken broken broken
smashed to bits and pieces
without you here

That says it all. :crybaby: I'm keeping you in my thoughts. (((hugs)))

Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

the nights...

Postby Nickdawg » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:12 am

I miss my boy. The nights for some reason are the worst, not that the rest of the time isn't too. My sleep is totally wacked, up til 3 or 4 am most of the time since.

He used to sleep with me nearly all the time but after a week or so in the new place, he started wanting to sleep in the living room on his bed or on the couch. Still I would always tuck him in and give him kisses before bed... now he isn't here to kiss :crybaby: :crybaby: And I just loved hanging out at night with him ya know.... watching a video, or on the net or reading and there he'd be all flaked out after a busy day... and I was so used to being in the bedroom reading or whatever and then coming out and stopping to snuggle and pat him...sigh.... I miss our walks at the beautiful park nearby and around the neighbourhood, I could go on and on of course.

Healthy or not (probably a little of both), he was like my partner, having been single for quite some time and now I'm lonely. Have lots of friends but it's that my place is empty now. Ironically I was just starting to think about getting out there again (dating), and I will but the 3 of us could've cuddled just fine :teardrops:

The worst is knowing I am not going to see him ever again, I hate it!!!! makes me feel panicky...

I bought a silver chain and beautiful large oval locket today and put one of my favorite pictures of him in it, little things like this help, it feels solid and heavy on my chest....

Anyway, thanks for letting me get this out. I have been visiting and posting here alot which was helpful but now I feel like I need to take some time away.

I am going to work on putting some pictures together/memorial but it will probably be awhile.

Thanks again for all your support- it meant alot.

Michelle

PreciousPit
Newborn Bully

Postby PreciousPit » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:35 am

Michelle I have just finished reading all of this, including his adoption story, which was very touching. It obviously was meant to be that he come to you. You rescued him and gave him a great life, I am soooo sorry for your loss. My heart truely aches for you, I was bawlling while reading this. I hope you heal well from your loss. The locket sounds like a great idea.
Nick now you are free of all pain, you can run and play hard again.

Beowulf
Addicted to PBF

Postby Beowulf » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:09 am

Michelle you hang in there. Nick was a big part of your life for a long time. And you were a big part of his. Think about that. Think about all the good you did for him and what a happy life you gave him. And take comfort in how much you meant to him.

I believe that nothing ever dies. His soul is somewhere feeling you right now. He knows how much he means to you. And someday you'll be together again. :inlove:

Return to “Health Issues”