What fruits and veggies do your dogs like as treats?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Finnigan
Bully Ambassador

Postby Finnigan » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:15 am

Jazzy wrote:Sadly not enough.

broccoli cooked with melted cheese on top

She will refuse, spit out, or shred and leave all over the floor:

plain broccoli
:frown:

lol lol

My doberman will eat grean leaf lettuce, but only with my homemade salad dressing. lol

Enamorada
Super Bully

Postby Enamorada » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:03 pm

I just found out that Ronin likes strawberries...(so far it's the only fruit we've given him to try)

I can never manage to finish them up before they go bad and hubby doesn't like them, so i never bought them. But...

now I have a strawberry eatin' buddy, so i can buy them and they won't go to waste! lol

jlphilli
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby jlphilli » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:56 pm

Bananas and carrots are a favorite among the dogs in this house.

natebritchcock
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby natebritchcock » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:05 am

I just found out that Ronin likes strawberries...(so far it's the only fruit we've given him to try)

I can never manage to finish them up before they go bad and hubby doesn't like them, so i never bought them. But...

now I have a strawberry eatin' buddy, so i can buy them and they won't go to waste!

we have a strawberry patch and wyatt LOVES 'em. he does the *i need to pee* dance, once i let him out he goes right for the strawberries.......sneaky little bastard!

Red
Addicted to PBF

Postby Red » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:08 am

Pretty much everything that was mentioned, plus oranges and coconut as well.
In the summer the dogs get diluted home made chicken broth with different pieces of fruit and veggies in a frozen mix:

nyvan
Newborn Bully

Postby nyvan » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:40 am

i thought oranges werent good for dogs?

pickleyone
Newborn Bully

Postby pickleyone » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:49 am

i know people say grapes are toxic and i'm NOT saying you should feed them to your dog, but i've had grape vines for fifteen years and my dog ate them every day during the month they came in season for fourteen years til she died. (and not from grapes, lol.)

my dogs like green beans right off the vine. they carry them around like long skinny bones. anything not right off the vine and they ignore. one used to delicately get strawberreis off the bush so i had to plant them somewhere else. i will toss apple cores like balls and they will run and chase it and bat them around til they eat them.

GoingPostal
Forum Junky

Postby GoingPostal » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:21 pm

Apples, carrots, green beans, collards, arugula (only Nero). They get bits and pieces of my iguanas salad on occasion.

racheroonie
Newborn Bully

Postby racheroonie » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:57 pm

Red wrote:Pretty much everything that was mentioned, plus oranges and coconut as well.
In the summer the dogs get diluted home made chicken broth with different pieces of fruit and veggies in a frozen mix:

Red- that stand is so neat! Right now we feed our dogs with a little home made stand too, but did you make that or did you buy it?

racheroonie
Newborn Bully

Postby racheroonie » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:57 pm

Right now, I haven't fed Chico (4 months) any fruits. He's had lettuces so far, but is it safe to give him fruits now?

iluvmypithannah
Bully Ambassador

Postby iluvmypithannah » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:05 am

Hannah loves:

Bananas
Apples
Carrots
Cauliflower
Broccoli
Watermelon
Green Beans
Yogurt
Strawberries

racerx
Super Bully

Postby racerx » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:14 am

roxy loves oranges and lettuce

HappyPuppy
Addicted to PBF

Postby HappyPuppy » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:52 am

Ruby seems to like everything!
broccoli/squash/peas/green beans/carrots/lettuce
banana/apple/pineapple/mango/strawberries/melon/oranges/apricots < she 'picks apricots' off the ground when they fall off.

-basically anything I make 'chopping' sounds with on the cutting board gets her attention! LOL And she'll follow me around if I have a banana for 'her bite'.

Amie

Postby Amie » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:54 pm

Oscar is a very picky eater. He likes frozen broccoli and frozen cauliflower a lot, but he had to be taught to like them by mixing up a kong with liver and yogurt and other goodies. He also likes fresh blueberries and dried cranberries (dried, because that's what I get for me) and cantaloupe and other melons. He eats peas and most other veggies if they are mixed in with his other food.

He hates carrots and bananas, and will take either from me and put them on the floor. It doesn't matter how small I chop them up and mix them in with his food, he will pick them out. A few weeks ago, I got into a stubborn snitch of my own, and didn't feed him for a day, but put carrots in his bowl. He did eat them then, but you wouldn't believe how much of a grudge can be expressed with a crunching noise is a dog bowl.

I did buy some dog treats that are supposed to be super healthy that are carrot or banana wrapped in chicken, and he loves them. :dunno:

Libby
Addicted to PBF

Postby Libby » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:17 pm

None from me lol Unless I cook them with sardines or fish or something equally smelly. Sometimes I can get them to eat frozen banana chunks.

At my older bro's house...they will eat ANYTHING. Raw squash, bananas, broccoli, literally anything.

So if my dogs need a good veggie intake, I just swing by the bros and bring veggies, then have him feed them to the dogs roflmao

Libby

Return to “Health Issues”