Roxy got bit.

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
N2K
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Roxy got bit.

Postby N2K » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:58 am

By a puppy with evil razor sharp teeth. lol

My aunts 3mo old lab/mix dug one of her top canine teeth in the skin around Roxy's neck. She yelped, thinking she was just over-excited I didn't bother looking, had her on the leash at the moment.

I didn't notice it until I had to tie her down for a few minutes while I was keeping my aunts female pit bull inside, looking for leash. (they hate each other and will trying and kill each other given the chance, this is another story)

I cleaned it with hydrogen-peroxide, and it's not bleeding at all, but looks nasty. Should I take her to the vet tomorrow if they are open, or just make sure I keep it clean until it heals?

damienApbt

Postby damienApbt » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:27 pm

I would go to the vet to be safe. If the cut is still open, they can flush it out. Bites can be deceiving because a lot of the damage is under the skin and then can get worse with bacteria.

N2K
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby N2K » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:44 pm

Good thing they are open today, also would be great to find out what these two small round dry spots are in the back of her neck.

hopefully nothing bad.

Belle*a*rina
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Belle*a*rina » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:13 pm

Dry spots could be so many things. They could be a chemical imbalance, could be recovering from a scratch, insect bite, allergies etc.

I'm sure she will be fine but keep us posted on what you find out. :)

N2K
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby N2K » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:01 am

Doc thought it was her collar, but I told him she only wears one outdoors.

Then he suspected a minor skin infection, so he subscribed Roxy some anti-bacterial. ($35 :po: + vet visit)

As for her wound, they cut the hair around it and cleaned it out. It already looks like its closing well, but told me to gently rub it down with a warm towel twice a day.

Return to “Health Issues”