Tyrrells Northwest Fresh canned dog food

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Tyrrells Northwest Fresh canned dog food

Postby MikeInTacoma » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:15 am

I saw this at the fancy-schmancy grocery in Tacoma (Metropolitan Market), and it was 99 cents for a 14-oz can. I had never heard of them, but they appear to be a relatively local company (Woodland, WA). Does anyone have experience with this brand, or an opinion about the ingredients?

There were 4 or 5 flavors. I picked up 2 different ones. I think some of the other flavors have more meat / meat meal, and less wheat flour etc.

This part is the same for both flavors:

(c)2005, Northwest Pet Products, Inc.
350 North Pekin Road, Woodland, WA 98674

Famous Blue Label Recipe
NEW Larger Size with MORE MEAT
100% COMPLETE NUTRITION
100% GUARANTEED
NATURAL with added vitamins and minerals

GUARANTEED ANALYSIS: Crude Protein Min. 8%, Crude Fat Min. 3%, Crude Fiber Max. 1.5%, Ash Max. 3%, Moisture Max. 80%

NO PRESERVATIVES ADDED - NO SUGAR ADDED

This part is different for the different flavors.

Chicken Chunks & Gravy for Dogs Net Weight 14 oz. / 396 g
INGREDIENTS: Water sufficient for processing, Chicken, Poultry Liver, Wheat Flour, Meat By-Products, Wheat Gluten, Modified Food Starch, Salt, Sodium Tripolyphosphate, Iron Oxide, Onion Garlic Powder, Caramel,
Minerals (Ferrous Carbonate, Zinc Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Carbonate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite),
Vitamins (Choline Chloride, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Riboflavin, Niacin Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Menadione Sodium Bisulfate Complex, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitriate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid, d-Biotin).
Tyrrells Chicken Chunks & Gravy for Dogs is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for all life stages.

Savory Chicken and Vegetable Stew for Dogs Net Weight 13.75 oz. / 390 g
INGREDIENTS: Water sufficient for processing, Chicken, Chicken By-Products, Carrots, Peas, Potatoes, Beef Liver, Cracked Wheat, Wheat Flour, Textured Soy Protein Products, Garlic, Salt, Beef Fat, Calcium Carbonate,
Minerals (Ferrous Carbonate, Zinc Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Carbonate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite),
Vitamins (Choline Chloride, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Riboflavin, Niacin Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitriate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid, d-Biotin).
Tyrrells Savory Chicken and Vegetable Stew for Dogs is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for all life stages.

Hmmm... Now that I've typed it out, the minerals and vitamins parts look the same. What is Thiamine Mononitriate? I always thought it was Mononitrate, not Mononitriate. Just a typo? Same question for "onion garlic powder" -- probably just a missing comma? (Doesn't anyone periodically review labels for accuracy?)
MikeInTacoma
Regulator

Postby chia pit » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:48 am

:yucky: anything byproduct i wouldnt use i learned the hard way now i use eagle pack holistic large and giant breed formula
chia pit
Matured Bully

Postby msvette2u » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:50 am

Get Kirkland, dude lol
It's way better and a good price, too.

We fed Tyrell's to our dog when I was growing up and I remember (70s) they had a HORSE MEAT variety :yucky:

I'd never feed it to my dogs.

Costco all the way!!!
msvette2u

Postby MikeInTacoma » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:40 am

Yeah, GF has a Costco card. I've told her a couple times that the nutrition mavens here think Kirkland has the best kibbles, but she still thinks it's better to spend more at the pet boutique. :dunno: But I finally got her to agree to separate all the dogs (not just the most DA one) when we leave the house, so I think there's hope. lol
MikeInTacoma
Regulator

Return to Health Issues