Grain free kib with a SINGLE protein source???

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Savage Destiny
Bully Ambassador

Postby Savage Destiny » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:34 pm

falldeepintoxen wrote:Oh, and do they have quality control issues?

I got a bit of free time and googled some reviews, and the most common seems to be that people bought a new bag, and the smell and color was off/different, still fed it to their dogs, and said dogs became ill. They contacted the company, and was told that the changes were due to 'natural differences' in the meat and potato used...I dunno. I guess every company has an issue at some point...but is it resolved?

I work at a pet supply store, and we haven't really seen any customers with issues. And trust me, our customers would be LOUD if there were any issues, lol.

lauren99
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby lauren99 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:02 pm

I feed Rex Natural Balance - Duck and potato. He does awesome on it as he has allergies to chicken and beef.

artemiss
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby artemiss » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:58 am

falldeepintoxen wrote:Oh, and do they have quality control issues?

I got a bit of free time and googled some reviews, and the most common seems to be that people bought a new bag, and the smell and color was off/different, still fed it to their dogs, and said dogs became ill. They contacted the company, and was told that the changes were due to 'natural differences' in the meat and potato used...I dunno. I guess every company has an issue at some point...but is it resolved?

The venison and potato used to be venison and rice until the melamine scare. It was one of the foods affected.

It was then pulled off the market and reformulated into venison and potato. That version has only been out less than a year.

One thing I have found with feeding Kira vension foods (and I did try this one) the color and smell of the kibble varied from almost black to obviously dyed red-brown from bag to bag even within the same brand.

Savage Destiny
Bully Ambassador

Postby Savage Destiny » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:32 am

artemiss wrote:The venison and potato used to be venison and rice until the melamine scare. It was one of the foods affected.

Just to point out- NB did not know the rice they were using was coming from China. They were buying from an American source which was in turn buying from China without telling them. They reformulated to sweet potato anyway to prevent future problems and make it more of a true allergy food.

artemiss
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby artemiss » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:36 pm

Savage Destiny wrote:
artemiss wrote:The venison and potato used to be venison and rice until the melamine scare. It was one of the foods affected.

Just to point out- NB did not know the rice they were using was coming from China. They were buying from an American source which was in turn buying from China without telling them. They reformulated to sweet potato anyway to prevent future problems and make it more of a true allergy food.

Yep, I have no problems with the company, just can't feed Kira their foods..something in them makes her itchy. ( we think it's flax oil, since that was the ONLY different ingredient from the prescription food she was on)

The OP asked if they'd had any problems, though, and truth is they did.

Return to “Health Issues”