Natures Recipe

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
eashanna
Bully Lover 4 Life

Natures Recipe

Postby eashanna » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:25 pm

My friend feeds her dog Natures Recipe Easy to Digest food.. what do you guys think of the ingredients? is it a good brand?

Ingredients:

Lamb meal, ground rice, pearled barley, oatmeal, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), dried potatoes, lamb digest, tomato pomace, potassium chloride, taurine, minerals (zinc proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc oxide, iron proteinate, manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, copper sulfate, copper proteinate, calcium iodate, sodium selenite), yeast culture, vitamins (vitamin E supplement, L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate, inositol, niacin supplement, vitamin A supplement, d-calcium pantothenate, thiamine mononitrate, beta carotene, riboflavin supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride, menadione sodium bisulfite complex, vitamin D3 supplement, folic acid, biotin, vitamin B12 supplement), yucca schidigera extract, choline chloride, rosemary extract.

miette
Adolescent Bully

not bad...

Postby miette » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:20 am

but BLUE is about the same price and IMO a little better quality

Gracie
Newborn Bully

Postby Gracie » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:52 pm

i feed blue, my dogs love it

Felonysmom
Matured Bully

Postby Felonysmom » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:19 pm

I used to feed this food once upon a time before I started diving into the world of nutrition. I liked the fact that there was no corn in it and my dogs all did okay on it. It was really a step up from the IAMS that we had started out feeding and IMO is better than a lot of other foods like Pedigree, Ol Roy etc. Eventually after doing some research I put the dogs on Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream formula. The results I've seen from that food have been nothing short of amazing. Their coats are nice and glossy and they don't shed as much. I feed less of the TOTW than I did of Nature's Recipe and their poop is better and less frequent.

When I was feeding Nature's Recipe, I think I was paying around $37.00 for a 40lb bag. I buy TOTW from my local feed store and pay around $41.00 for a 30lb bag. I don't think that as far as price goes that this is too big of a difference considering all the improvements I have seen...and the fact that my dogs eat less of the new food than they did of the Nature's Recipe. Nature's Recipe is an alright food...but if you have the means I think you can definetly do a lot better for the money you will spend on it.

Either way...good luck! Finding the right food that agrees with your dogs and is within your price/availability range will drive you nuts.

chia pit
Matured Bully

Postby chia pit » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:25 pm

:thumbsup: I went from eagle pack to pro-plan chicken and rice .the eagle pack was to rich for them :yucky: extreme gas 8(

tigger
Newborn Bully

Postby tigger » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:37 pm

Natural Balance is a much better food and comes in limited ingredient as well as regular food. Natural Balance can be bought in the same stores as NR and is in the same price range.

Return to “Health Issues”