Neutering??

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Stormi
Addicted to PBF

Postby Stormi » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:42 am

Beowulf wrote:
6pak wrote:http://www.2ndchance.info/Spay%20&%20Neuter.htm

Hmmm, I wonder if that's why my male squats like a girl to pee - because I got him neutered before he was 6 months old? Interesting.

Mine was nuetered somewhere around 2 months of age (rescue boy), and he started lifting his leg around a year of age. I dunno!

Amie

Postby Amie » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:01 pm

When I found Oscar (at about 9 months old) I had a friend who swore Os was under a year because he still squatted. Vets did agree that he was under a year, but the friend swore it was the one year mark that caused dogs to cock their legs.

I've had Oscar for four years now, and he's apparently still not a year yet. Most of the random peeing is squatted, only the territorial stuff is lifted for.

Beowulf
Addicted to PBF

Postby Beowulf » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:28 pm

Maryellen wrote:my male was neutered at 5 months old and squatted to pee. once he saw my older male lifting his leg he started lifting his leg.. he also walks and pees at the same time too...

Beo has never lifted his leg. Ever. I've also heard that they learn by example and don't know to lift their leg until they see a male dog demonstrate. I'm okay with him squatting! I'd rather not have pee all over the fence, etc.

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:39 pm

rufus always squatted until he saw Sonny lift his leg, sonny would squat too sometimes.. once he saw sonny lift his leg he tried it and almost fell over the first few times. now if rufus gets really lazy he will walk like he just got off a horse and pee while walking bowlegged.... he will lift his leg too, when he isnt lazy. (and its scary, yesterday ruby tried to lift her leg to pee by the wishingwell.......)

OlympianAB
Addicted to PBF

Postby OlympianAB » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:25 pm

Cappuccino lifts her leg...
Apollo never lifted his leg, and he was intacted when he passed.

Dewi doesn't at 6months....

BigHeadedMachine
Newborn Bully

thanks

Postby BigHeadedMachine » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:21 pm

interesting i now under stand :headbang: , i think ill have him done around 6 - 7 month mark

thanks for all the advice :peace:

Return to “Health Issues”