Group socialization near Pasadena CA

Tricks, obedience, behavior, and more.
ursaminor
Newborn Bully

Group socialization near Pasadena CA

Postby ursaminor » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:57 pm

I'm looking get in some group activities with Amber somewhere close to my home. I'm not a fan of dog parks but I would love to get in on a once a week meeting with some regulars. For the past couple months I've been taking her to Huntington Dog Beach on Sunday mornings and I it's been a blast with lots of positive results so if there's one already in the making I would like to know. Also, should anyone be interested in making one feel free to let me know and I'll try to look for a spot where we could do this on a regular basis.

Bambina23
Newborn Bully

Re: Group socialization near Pasadena CA

Postby Bambina23 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:37 pm

there is an online networking group - Meetup- and people post different spots to "Meet up" so they can workout play ball etc. and I Found a Bully breed group in my area on the east coast that stays pretty active using that site. Maybe you have a group near you as well. if not a bully group maybe at least a group of responsible dog owners.

HappyPuppy
Addicted to PBF

Postby HappyPuppy » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:29 pm

I'd be up for trying a visit to the Huntington Beach dog beach sometime (or a walk nearby) -- tho I'd keep Ruby on lead. I've never been there before (we're in Costa Mesa).

chinchi_&_chupa
Super Bully

Postby chinchi_&_chupa » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:56 pm

Charlie posted in the Gallery regarding a Pit Bull class at the LA Coliseum - not too far away...if I'm not mistaken (I might be) Tia at Villalobos used to have something to do with this class before they moved. If so, it should be positive reinforcement type training so that is good. Maybe PM Charlie.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=154773

ursaminor
Newborn Bully

Postby ursaminor » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:08 pm

HappyPuppy wrote:I'd be up for trying a visit to the Huntington Beach dog beach sometime (or a walk nearby) -- tho I'd keep Ruby on lead. I've never been there before (we're in Costa Mesa).

That sounds like fun. I normally like to get there early like 8AM on the weekend because finding parking after 9AM it's at least a 30 minute ordeal and you get 2-3 hours of marine layer before it gets really hot. It's a leashed dog beach but it hasn't been enforced for the last 10 years and I hardly see anyone "on the beach" with a leashed dog. Amber can be leash aggressive at times so I just let her roam with one eye always on her. Let me know when is a good date/time for you guys and we'll go from there.

ursaminor
Newborn Bully

Postby ursaminor » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:40 pm

Thanks for coming out Jenna, was nice meeting you. Hope Ruby is feeling better.

HappyPuppy
Addicted to PBF

Postby HappyPuppy » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:27 pm

Thanks - it was very nice meeting you. It was hard to talk while keeping 3 eyes peeled for all of the dogs! She puked and then drank a lot of water and now is sunning herself. I regret forgetting my camera!! Did you any video by chance of Ruby yelling at the waves? Amber is darling and so well mannered. And that lil 'pug' is a riot!!

ursaminor
Newborn Bully

Postby ursaminor » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:12 pm

I do have a bit of a footage, will have a look tomorrow and let you know.

Return to “Training and Behavior”