Boogie's Progress...

Tricks, obedience, behavior, and more.
<3myBoogie
Newborn Bully

Boogie's Progress...

Postby <3myBoogie » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:11 pm

Hello everyone. I finally got a computer, so you can expect to see more of me.

Boogie is doing pretty much the same. Some days he's great...and well others...He's a crazy, (adorable) FOOL. :)

I've been trying to ignore some behaviors...use positive reinforcement, and treat everything like a lesson.

He's great with the clicker, and responds very well.

I've taught him to "be cute" (which all it is is getting in a down position and when I say "be cute" and do the gesture he rolls on his side and I click and treat. then he doesn't get up until I snap my fingers and say "up") I'm very proud of this one! Although its a bit rusty and needs to be perfected. It took the use of chicken and steak along with liver treats to get it down though LOL (spoiled dog :) )

Anyway...he's been great with the baby. No problems there.

One of the main things that is so trying...is the dang mouthing. (and jumping) I've tried the "got a mouthy pup?" and its just not working. When he actually bites (mouths) too hard I cover my face n get all upset and THEN he'll calm and try to kiss it and nudge me to "make it better" (or so it seems tats what hes doing) but the minute I'm "back" he;s back to mouthing lol. He jumps on everyone that comes in...I tried leashing him and he pulls me SO hard to get to them...So I have no choice but to crate him when someone comes in.

Unfortunately I lost my job, so there is a hold on the professional training thing until I get my tax money..I think that's whats TRULY gonna make a difference...because I need to be trained on how to train him!

Any other ideas?

<3myBoogie
Newborn Bully

Re: Boogie's Progress...

Postby <3myBoogie » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:35 pm

lol ...

Curly_07

Postby Curly_07 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:39 pm

For the mouthing, have you tried stopping all interactions with him right when it happens? Like don't speak to him, don't look at him, nothing. Just get up leave and ignore him. Come back a few minutes later, and repeat. When I do this process to Curly when she gets really amp'd up, she will imeadiately calm down and get the hint.

kathak
Newborn Bully

Postby kathak » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:01 pm

I do this with Bella. She is starting to get it. My bf (the idiot) lets her do it so she always kinda bites him when playing.

Return to “Training and Behavior”