Submissive Urination or Anxiety?

Tricks, obedience, behavior, and more.
Das Disco
Newborn Bully

Submissive Urination or Anxiety?

Postby Das Disco » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:40 pm

Hello World!

Going crazy with threads today roflmao

My Bruno is 5 months old and recently he has been having weird pee problems. I thought he might have a UTI but he does not have any symptoms at all.

He on occasion will do this thing where he walks and pees right in front of us. I am not sure if its puberty and maybe he is marking? I was thinking maybe he was just needing to go out more often but he would do this within like an hour of going out and he does not seem to have been drinking that much water.

He also pees when excited and when we put his leash on.

I am thinking he is a puppy and this is just a puppy thing but was curious.

Currently he has been a lot better with the leash peeing thing... He would lower his head and body to the floor and pee like he thought he was in trouble. We would talk to him and tell him everything is ok and now he seems to let us leash him without him peeing.

He does not pee blood, his bladder/penis area are not irritated and he does not seem the least bit uncomfortable.

For the most part he is pretty active and does not seem to have real anxiety at all... he just sometimes likes to walk and pee haha.

AllisonPitbullLvr

Re: Submissive Urination or Anxiety?

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:53 pm

Unless you've had a urinalysis done at your vet, you can't rule out the possibility that he has a UTI. Once you've determined that he is not having a medical issue, THEN you can analyze it as a behavior thing.

Das Disco
Newborn Bully

Postby Das Disco » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:38 pm

AllisonPibbleLvr wrote:Unless you've had a urinalysis done at your vet, you can't rule out the possibility that he has a UTI. Once you've determined that he is not having a medical issue, THEN you can analyze it as a behavior thing.

I have an appointment tomorrow :D

Das Disco
Newborn Bully

Postby Das Disco » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:19 pm

Ok,

Not a UTI but they did recommend that we keep him clean down there because he was having some discharge. They said that he could have a weak bladder so we started taking him out more often like every 3 hours or less and he seems to be doing better. I think the anxiety of holding it is starting to fade and we have not had any in home accidents for the past 3 - 4 days.

Will continue to track progress but if anyone wants to add their .2 then please do!

Return to “Training and Behavior”