Pit service dog?

Tricks, obedience, behavior, and more.
loophole
Newborn Bully

Re: Pit service dog?

Postby loophole » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:15 pm

Agreed... Above post I think is fairly efficient.. Considering my circumstances.. Which I really don't want to divulge in a whole lot.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk HD

Amie

Postby Amie » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:25 pm

UnconventionalLove wrote:Dogs 'reminding you' to take meds usually doesn't hold up as a legitimate task to have a service dog for because an alarm can do the same thing.

Not all meds are on a set schedule, some are on an "as needed" basis (asthma inhalers, as one example). I would imagine that sort of thing a dog would be very useful for, far more so than an alarm.

Celesteandthebullies
Addicted to PBF

Postby Celesteandthebullies » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:23 pm

Amie wrote:
UnconventionalLove wrote:Dogs 'reminding you' to take meds usually doesn't hold up as a legitimate task to have a service dog for because an alarm can do the same thing.

Not all meds are on a set schedule, some are on an "as needed" basis (asthma inhalers, as one example). I would imagine that sort of thing a dog would be very useful for, far more so than an alarm.

That is correct from my understanding, I'd have to double check to be sure but I recall a fellow stating his dog brings him his meds in the event of panic attack since he looses thought/reality when it happens.

UnconventionalLove
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby UnconventionalLove » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:01 pm

Celesteandthebullies wrote:
Amie wrote:

That is correct from my understanding, I'd have to double check to be sure but I recall a fellow stating his dog brings him his meds in the event of panic attack since he looses thought/reality when it happens.

Right, if you were physically incapable of getting to your meds when you need them and that's what the dog does for you then that would be a task.

Return to “Training and Behavior”