Cesar Millan

Tricks, obedience, behavior, and more.
User avatar
hugh_dog
Newborn Bully
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:06 am
Contact:

Postby hugh_dog » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:20 pm

slickvic wrote:does donna reynolds single handedly run badwrap and write articles in sports illustrated, and this not english class hughie, you misspelled a few words yourself there tuff guy, eh.


I did not mention spelling errors, I mentioned that fact that your single block of text that should have been divided into at least four or five sections made it physically hard for my eyes to stay focused. That's why I said that I wasn't being sarcastic. I was pointing out why I did not squint through the entire post and wind up with a headache in the process.

As far as "pitbull." the connotation of that single word is much more negative. The people that don't like "those dogs" call them "pitbulls." A "pitbull" is the media stereotype. Subtle? Yes. A part of the public perception problem? Yes. I'm not the only one on this board that can't stand them being called "pitbulls." The dislike for the single word instead of pit bull has been touched on before.

Does Donna Reynolds single handedly run "badwrap?" I'm pretty sure she uses both hands lol

Seriously, of course Donna and Tim have help running BADRAP, just as Cesar has plenty of help running his Dog, ahem, Psychology Center.

You are right. It is not english class, but it is not special ed either, so let's drop the "tuff guy" name calling. :thumbsup:

slickvic
Newborn Bully
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:40 pm

Postby slickvic » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:44 pm

wow hughie, you yet again, cleverly avoided the question. and a paragraph about what the correct way to label pitbulls is why i wont be returning. And for your information huhie, pitbull, pit bull, are both wrong numb nuts, if you want to focus on that which was but a small part of what i said above, but clearly the only thing you could come up with something to retort. There is no such breed called a pit bull, there is the amereican pitbull terrier, and many other bully breeds with specific names, but i think only anal retentive ocd morons like yourself spend your energy with such concerns. It really is sad that a site that is supposed to be for people to come chat about a common interest, and you know as well as i do, we are rare, but it is sad that most of the monkeys including you hughie squander this precious oppertunity with your insignificant and pointless arguements about tangents that have nothig to do with helping your fellow brother with pit bull advice, rather getting your own ego boosted and "intellectual" and with you hughie, may i stress that i use that term loosley, needs met. So farewell hughie, and dont fear, it wont be long until you find someone else to annoy. :twisted:

User avatar
JenLeigh
Pit Bull Forum Addict
Posts: 1687
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:36 am
Location: The Great White North

Postby JenLeigh » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:07 pm

i've been reading this thread, and i only made it to page 9. from what i can gather there are a lot of haters and a lot of lovers. which you will find with ANY topic. there are always going to be people butting heads.

now while i can see where the haters are coming from, i think Cesar is fantastic.

what i appreciate about him is his focus on Energy.

he maintains that dogs and other animals sense your energy. no matter what it is. happy, sad, anxious, worried, angry. etc.

and when human beings were less selfish and less materialistic and didnt live such linear lives, they too were in tune to the energy around them. it really was how dogs and man started to co exist in the first place.

he doesnt train dogs. he calls people on their chocolate.

one episode that really stood out for me was one where a couple canceled their wedding because the woman had a pit bull mix that was very aggressive. his name was Wendell.

now right off the bat you can tell that this woman was a weak simpering person with no spine that held onto emotional baggage for far too long. and her dog felt the need to pick up the slack.

her dialogue alone set my teeth on edge. that was the perfect example of what i believe to be the point of cesars show. to create more confidence in people. and to hammer home the importance of projection in the animal world. heck in the entire world. you walk into a room thinking nobody likes you and nobody will.

you walk into a room thinking you are smart and capable and confident and everybody will react accordingly.

i dont give a asscrap about his methods of training for the dogs. i know that sssh and touch definately do NOT work on Finn, but the energy i project affects him beyond words.

if im anxious or worked up about something he circles me and cries and nothing i can do will get him to stop. until i calm the F down.

if im angry or upset, he hides from me. if i'm happy or excited, he dances and wiggles. if i'm sad and depressed, he lies around and whimpers and sleeps.

if i take him out on a walk with any frame of mind other than "this is fun and we kick ass" he doesnt listen and he pulls and ignores me.

it's ENERGY!!!

and cesar promotes it and tries to hammer it home with everyone he works with.

User avatar
Red
Addicted to PBF
Posts: 9519
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:35 am
Location: SoCal

Postby Red » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:58 pm

slickvic wrote:It really is sad that a site that is supposed to be for people to come chat about a common interest, and you know as well as i do, we are rare, but it is sad that most of the monkeys including you hughie squander this precious oppertunity with your insignificant and pointless arguements about tangents that have nothig to do with helping your fellow brother with pit bull advice, rather getting your own ego boosted and "intellectual" and with you hughie, may i stress that i use that term loosley, needs met.


Wait a minute there. What makes you think us "monkeys" do not help anyone here and in real life?

i am curious how many of you who dislike him so strongly have watched enough episodes to be able to make a 20 page thread.


Well, I have, and it was already stated.I think I have watched pretty much every episode that had been on TV.

User avatar
TJ LMX
Newborn Bully
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:37 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon

Postby TJ LMX » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:52 am

He is NOT "promoting the truth about pit bulls" as long as he is not making any distinction between human and dog aggression, as long as he is suggesting that absolutely any dog can be safe for the dog park if the owner is "calm and assertive", as long as he is implying that crate and rotate is a worse solution than sending a dog back to the shelter rather than stay in multiple dog homes.

Actually it is through his books, and Television show that I myself have learned that dog parks are not a safe place to take pit bulls, or any dog for that matter. I do realize that he should maybe do a better job at emphasizing the NO dog park rule... but if you pay attention to many of his shows, he definitely promotes that dogs parks are only safe if you no the dogs and people who are there.

I too believe that some of his methods are a little over the top, and I will not disagree with some of the opinions that are spoken against him... however, there are too many false accusations made of CM... he really does know a lot of what many of you claim he doesn't know at all. I personally think he is great, and I do not understand why people hate this man.

User avatar
TJ LMX
Newborn Bully
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:37 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon

Postby TJ LMX » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:53 am

Ha... quoted backwards :oops:

User avatar
Fenriswolf
Addicted to PBF
Posts: 6772
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:26 pm
Location: New Zealand

Postby Fenriswolf » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:31 am

slickvic, please break your posts into paragraphs. I've done my dash on this thread quite a few pages back, but this is a genuine plea to make your posts more readable.

It's not a personal attack, it physically hurts to try and wade through posts 10 lines long without a break.

User avatar
Otis
Addicted to PBF
Posts: 4345
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:19 am
Location: Baltimore

Postby Otis » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:02 pm

slickvic wrote:wow hughie, you yet again, cleverly avoided the question. and a paragraph about what the correct way to label pitbulls is why i wont be returning. And for your information huhie, pitbull, pit bull, are both wrong numb nuts, if you want to focus on that which was but a small part of what i said above, but clearly the only thing you could come up with something to retort. There is no such breed called a pit bull, there is the amereican pitbull terrier, and many other bully breeds with specific names, but i think only anal retentive ocd morons like yourself spend your energy with such concerns. It really is sad that a site that is supposed to be for people to come chat about a common interest, and you know as well as i do, we are rare, but it is sad that most of the monkeys including you hughie squander this precious oppertunity with your insignificant and pointless arguements about tangents that have nothig to do with helping your fellow brother with pit bull advice, rather getting your own ego boosted and "intellectual" and with you hughie, may i stress that i use that term loosley, needs met. So farewell hughie, and dont fear, it wont be long until you find someone else to annoy. :twisted:


Honestly, to call these people not helpful is ridiculous. I've personally talked to Red on the phone and she helped me immensely, sent me links to various behaviorists in the area, and good reading on fear aggression. If not getting great help online from total strangers, locals to me have been extremely helpful in finding the right trainer/behaviorist for my dog and me. People go waaayy out of there way to give people helpful and honest advice.

User avatar
Red
Addicted to PBF
Posts: 9519
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:35 am
Location: SoCal

Postby Red » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:59 am

This was posted in my classroom today. Maybe the sounds coming from those dogs give something to think to those of you who don't want to hear the other side of the story.

http://www.komonews.com/home/video/37440019.html?video=pop&t=a

User avatar
amyd
Bully Ambassador
Posts: 2145
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:10 pm
Location: www.hellobully.com Pittsburgh,Pa
Contact:

Postby amyd » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:48 am

This was posted in my classroom today. Maybe the sounds coming from those dogs give something to think to those of you who don't want to hear the other side of the story.


Here is an additional article that is from:
http://ahimsadogtraining.com/blog/2009/ ... g-at-home/

slickvic
Newborn Bully
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:40 pm

Postby slickvic » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:21 am

After reading most pages of this thread i have witnessed different levels of opinion regarding cesar milan.
People like me, initially, came on with little education and blindly defended him. People with education, who saw the situation for what is was, grey. They listed the pros and cons. I also saw people, with education, who seemed to be as blind as myself trying to defend their preconceieved and emotional opinion, with the same level of class and professionalism as one who just blindly loves him. I have seen a lot of this, which makes the educated ones with common sense and a logical approach, loook bad.

I have read the point that, it is a tv show, it is molded to entertain, taken out of context, stuff like that. I have also seen, people who have stated that, bring up a special on the news to back their opposing claim. hmm. I dont think either would hold up in a court of law. What is sad, is red, you claim to have a formal education, and use the same simple minded logic as those with out, maybe consider taking a logic class to supplement your dog trainign. You may be surprised at how differently you start to look at the world.


"Honestly, to call these people not helpful is ridiculous. I've personally talked to Red on the phone and she helped me immensely"
I know a black man who gunned down a little old lady for 10 dollars, is it safe for me to make the general claim, black people are ignorant murders? Buddy, your logic ridiculous.

Fenriswolf, i have seen maany people not break their reponses into paragraphs, leaving the reader with a lot of squinting. You chose to speak to me, and not them, so i will take it as a personal attack. If it physically hurts, may i reccomend, adjusting the settings on your computer to assit your needs.

"Wait a minute there. What makes you think us "monkeys" do not help anyone here and in real life?"

A. I didnt say that you dont help Anyone. I said most, which doesnt make the claim right, iwas pissed off at the time.

B. My point was, rather than politley put our heads together, keeping our innitial motive at heart, pit bulls and their well being, there is a lot of energy spent fightinig over opinions on how to do that. The key word is fighting, myself included, it seems getting our opinions out, makes some loose site of why they are here in the first place.

My earliere posts, revealed my ignorance when it comes to modern dog training, and what did the professionals do, bashed me and my claims, rather than inform me that there are other methods available with proven success.
Maybe, i expect more from " a professional" than i do from a guy with a couple dogs and a television set.
I love dogs and especially pit bulls as i am sure most people here do. I have been on many forums, and i have never seen so many people with so little class and maturity, i am only 24 and i have a chip on my shoulder, and i hate what society has done to our beloved breed, i too have lost site of thta for a while, and apologize for my earlier posts.

User avatar
Red
Addicted to PBF
Posts: 9519
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:35 am
Location: SoCal

Postby Red » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:47 pm

What is sad, is red, you claim to have a formal education, and use the same simple minded logic as those with out, maybe consider taking a logic class to supplement your dog trainign. You may be surprised at how differently you start to look at the world.


Uhm, I think I need a logic class like you need to talk about things you have no knowledge on.

My earliere posts, revealed my ignorance when it comes to modern dog training, and what did the professionals do, bashed me and my claims, rather than inform me that there are other methods available with proven success.


Oh please.You have been explained things that should have be read several pages ago and you are also the one who called people monkeys and other kind of pretty attempts to insult.But hey, carry on.

slickvic
Newborn Bully
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:40 pm

Postby slickvic » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:16 pm

if the shoe fits red, we both know you havent taken one, and anybody who has, can see that in your poor arguement skills. carry on

User avatar
love for ba brody
Bully Ambassador
Posts: 2263
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:07 pm
Location: Central Jersey

Postby love for ba brody » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:52 pm

slickvic wrote:if the shoe fits red, we both know you havent taken one, and anybody who has, can see that in your poor arguement skills. carry on


Why does Red need to ague on PBF? She is not on this board to pick fights and win them (to the best of my knowledge), she is here to share her wisdom and experience with those of us with less.

You've taken at least one philosophy/critical thinking/logic class at college. Awsome. Stop being pompous and enjoy the information this wonderful board has to offer.

And as far is logic is concerned, who are you to assume she has not taken a class? Many classes? Or even teaches classes? What information have you on her education? You don't have the information to draw the conclusion you came to, and anyone who has taken AND PASSED a critical thinking class should know better than to make such a rash judgement.
.

User avatar
Deniselynn
BANNED
Posts: 19244
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:34 pm
Location: Home of the OG, Al Capone
Contact:

Postby Deniselynn » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:29 pm

love for ba brody wrote:
slickvic wrote:if the shoe fits red, we both know you havent taken one, and anybody who has, can see that in your poor arguement skills. carry on


You've taken at least one philosophy/critical thinking/logic class at college. Awsome. Stop being pompous and enjoy the information this wonderful board has to offer.


.


Dog behaviour/training does not have anything to do with taking the above classes at college.

Lova Ba Brody, this was not directed toward you.


Return to “Training and Behavior”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests