Olive keeps peeing in her crate

Tricks, obedience, behavior, and more.
damienApbt

Olive keeps peeing in her crate

Postby damienApbt » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:30 pm

Any advice on this?
Olive keeps peeing in her crate. She doesn't drink that much water at all. Even if shes only in it for a couple hours, she wont hold it. The crate is a perfect size for her, couldn't possibly go smaller. We keep her out at night and she sleeps through the night without peeing in the house. I dont know what to do.

Kingsgurl
Addicted to PBF

Postby Kingsgurl » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:58 am

Damien, how long has she been doing this? What bedding is in with her? When I first pulled her from the shelter, she was recovering from a UTI and did this the first couple nights I had her. She then quit. At the time, I attributed it to coming from first the house she was abandoned in (no way outside to pee) and then the shelter enviornment, where she was expected to pee in her run.

Is being crated causing her stress do you think?

MikeInTacoma

Postby MikeInTacoma » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:56 am

Recurrence of the UTI would be my first guess. We had a cat who was prone to UTIs -- could control it somewhat with prescription food, but she'd still get them every other year or so. First sign would be she'd stop using her litter box. I know cats are not dogs, but still, if there's a history of UTI, that would be the first thing I'd suspect.

damienApbt

Postby damienApbt » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:50 pm

she just started doing this within the last few weeks, but worse now. The bedding was soaked the other day and today I opted to go without the bedding for a little to see if she would not pee since there is nothing beneath her. But that didn't work. Her crate was filled with pee, which means she peed multiple times.
Her bedding is a bed sheet.
UGH, to the vet we go.

Return to “Training and Behavior”