GRRR Cookie Is DRIVING ME

Tricks, obedience, behavior, and more.
PBlover4LIFE
Newborn Bully

GRRR Cookie Is DRIVING ME

Postby PBlover4LIFE » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:35 am

Okay Cookie is 6 mos old now. She will not stop peeing in the house. I'm just so frustrated. I personally do not like females. But my fiance insisted that we get one. Now I regret getting her. I'm thinking of selling her. She is up to date on all shots and I have insurance from petsmart. If anyone is interested please let me know.

FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Postby FBODGRL » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:41 am

:bolt:

RuffMuttK9z

Postby RuffMuttK9z » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:48 am

Are you serious?! :po: :po:

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:48 am

You're kidding right? There's no pet sales allowed on here. Heck you're not supposed to GIVE your own dog away here, esp. not for things like that.

Housebreaking failure is the fault of the owner, NOT the dog. Work with her.

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:50 am

first, bring her to the vet to see if she has a UTI.
second, all puppies are peeing/pooping machines until they are a YEAR old...

get training books and keep housebreaking her.. hell my 11 month old is still not housebroken yet, i take her out every hour to make sure she doesnt pee in the house, she is learning, but some dogs take longer then others..

and with that comment you made about getting rid of her i suggest you stay away from this breed and dont get another dog if you get rid of her...

julie64
Addicted to PBF

Postby julie64 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:51 am

Have you taken her to the vet to check if she has a UTI?

What are you doing now as far as potty training? Crate? Watching her?
Do you have her on any schedule? Sorry for so many questions but your post was very vague except that you want to gt rid of her for a very stupid reason.

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:52 am

maybe if you followed all the advise given to you here you wouldnt be complaining.. http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.p ... t=#1327748

PBlover4LIFE
Newborn Bully

Postby PBlover4LIFE » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:43 am

She was just checked out. I have been crate training her and she goes out for walks just about every 2 hrs. She will just look at me a cop a squat wherever she happens to be.

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:47 am

puppies pee after eating.sleeping.playing.napping, basically anything,. if you dont praise her /treat her for pottying outside it will take longer.

leash her to you . period. either crate her when you cant watch her or leash her to you. leash her and do your thing and every hour take her back outside for potty. give the command, she pees, treat/praise.. start over with housebreaking.. read the ideas others have given. puppies have the attention span of a gnat, so she wont remember she has to pee until she really has to pee... keep her outside until she pees..

PBlover4LIFE
Newborn Bully

Postby PBlover4LIFE » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:55 am

Sorry I have had an accident and I lost most of my memory. I don't recall posting this topic before. (I've been having seizures and been in the hospitol for the past week.)
Besides that.....
I am always outside with her on the leash. I give her treats and praise her. I've had several pit bulls and never had the problems that I have had with this one. I got her from a backyard breeder. He didn't have appropriate conditions so I felt bad for her. I just wanted to save her.
Now I'm worried that getting her was a mistake.
My bf has never had dogs or any other animals (besides a hamster) and he can't take it anymore. I don't know what to do. I don't want to get rid of her seriously, I just don't know how to convince him that we should keep her. I mean she seems to be an intelligent dog. And I have put so much into her.

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:15 am

PBlover4LIFE wrote: I don't know what to do. I don't want to get rid of her seriously, I just don't know how to convince him that we should keep her. I mean she seems to be an intelligent dog. And I have put so much into her.

People keep telling you what to do.
Leash her to you. This has been said since the 1st time you asked for help.
If you forget what you posted, you can click on Profile and look at "find all posts by".
LEASH HER TO YOU. Do not unleash her from you - do not let her in until you WITNESS her going potty outside - praise her for going outside.
IGNORE HER TOTALLY when she goes in the house - which she ought not, if not leashed to you she should be somewhere without a spongy/soft carpet or rug - somewhere tile or hard floor - or else in her crate.

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:20 am

PBlover4LIFE wrote: I don't know what to do. I don't want to get rid of her seriously, I just don't know how to convince him that we should keep her. I mean she seems to be an intelligent dog. And I have put so much into her.

People keep telling you what to do.
Leash her to you. This has been said since the 1st time you asked for help.
If you forget what you posted, you can click on Profile and look at "find all posts by".
LEASH HER TO YOU. Do not unleash her from you - do not let her in until you WITNESS her going potty outside - praise her for going outside.
IGNORE HER TOTALLY when she goes in the house - which she ought not, if not leashed to you she should be somewhere without a spongy/soft carpet or rug - somewhere tile or hard floor - or else in her crate.

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:38 am

some dogs are harder to housebreak then others, i have one at my house now, she is 11 months old and we are still working on housebreaking, she is tied to me when not in her crate, or crated when i cant watch her.. my other female was just as hard. my male was super easy, and most of the foster pups i had here i had housebroken in a few weeks.

tell your bf to grow up .. puppies take longer to housebreak then adult dogs, and to help you out with housetraining the pup.

ProudMommy77
Forum Junky

Postby ProudMommy77 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:47 pm

Does she have a set feeding time or times? And does she have constant access to water, do you let her drink water after a certin time? You would be amazed that things like that also come into play, after all she is just a baby. My youngst here in my home, who is about give or take nineteen weeks old, came to us when he was just a wee five or six weeks old, has had roughly maybe one or two accidents in the house, he has been a true blessing, but I have had others that would make you want to pull your hair out...the point is, it's give and take, and a matter of finding the right methods, and routines that work correctly. My goodness, listen to ME about her girl, and I can also tell you a very close family friend's male Presa, is almost year old, and still peeing now and again wherever he feels like it, even in his crate. Being a dog owner, means taking things in stride, and let me tell you potty training children isn't much better at times, sometime more difficult.

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:37 pm

You don't like females? Why? Because you think they all have housebreaking problems? At 6 months old, she is still a baby! When you catch her squatting in front of you say a firm "NO" and promptly take her outside. You are lucky she does it in front of you so you can correct the problem. It's a lot harder when the pup does it and you can't see it.

Please be patient with her. There are children that take forever to potty train too. At least with a child, they understand, a dog doesn't have that advantage of communicating our language.

Return to “Training and Behavior”