Sudden Territorialism?

Tricks, obedience, behavior, and more.
Charlie282
Newborn Bully

Sudden Territorialism?

Postby Charlie282 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:14 pm

So... Charlie has picked up on this new habit. BARKING. The past 4 months have been almost bark-less so im curious as to where this sudden barking is coming from. We have him out on the deck almost every day with no issues, now over the past few days, hes been barking at EVERYTHING and keep in mind, this does not sound like a friendly bark. The slightest breeze will make him bark nonstop. Is he finally 'protecting' his house?

HollyJoy
Super Bully

Re: Sudden Territorialism?

Postby HollyJoy » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:46 pm

how old is he? Ruca started barking as she matured... and never stopped. I don't have advice for you other than to find out how to curb this NOW before it becomes a habit.

ammadien
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby ammadien » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:35 pm

Vet check recently? Seems like somethig new is bugging him. Just an idea.

Nate

BrokenAquarian
Addicted to PBF

Postby BrokenAquarian » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:04 pm

He may be going through some sort of fear stage where everything spooks him - annoying as hell lol
Or, it may just be his personality - A.K.A. something that he WON'T grow out of "Yay!" :po:

Sorry, one of my peeves is excessivly barking dogs lol

Charlie282
Newborn Bully

Postby Charlie282 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:13 am

Hes 1 year and 7 months old. For the first few months he didnt bark AT ALL so im wondering if he just found his voice and now wants to voice his opinion..... constantly. last night i was trying to sleep and he just started barking at the window and wouldnt stop. i understand he might have heard something outside, but im finding it impossible to make him stop... well bribe him with treats, which hell eat, and then go back to barking. luckily we have one more pet training class to attend, hopefully the trainer will have some insight. :pray

Return to “Training and Behavior”