Postby Maven » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:22 pm

LMAO @
"tinklepotty" and "Miss Wiggle Bottom"

RoxieRules
Newborn Bully

Re: She tells time, but not MY time

Postby RoxieRules » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:59 am

Amie wrote:
RoxieRules wrote:Isn't that what husbands are for??? If I had one that's what mine would be doing! LOL

:)

They're actually for opening olive and pickle jars, but they can be adapted to other uses, too, with training.

LOL I want one to cut the grass and take out the trash!

PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Postby PitBull-Lady » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:39 pm

WOW!

aside from other issues, (see health) I have some good news.
With all the excitement around here, little success is great success!

I did give 2 mornings of early rousing thought to adopting Amie's suggestion immediately but I stuck it out. After all, I've got months of this behind me, so what is one more week after all.

Well, we've made great strides. Dinner has been served at 8:00pm (9:00 one night by accident) I've been feeding her more out of the Canine Genius and making her work more to get it. Every morning, I have slept later and later. Ahhhhh, small victories!

What is funny, I know own 3 Canine Genius genie bottles. Until 2 weeks ago we only had one. They all love them (well except Jasmine, who still likes everyone to roll her food out for her including Capone!) and it keeps their little minds moving so I am thinking it keeps her mind moving and tires her out even more.

Morning feedings are in bowls, Genius in the evening. Genius!!

...more to come as my sleep gets longer!

or I switch to getting up at terrible times to get more time. But we'll keep trying this for a while :)

Amie

Postby Amie » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:31 pm

Sounds good so far!

RoxieRules
Newborn Bully

Postby RoxieRules » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:05 am

PitBull-Lady wrote:WOW!

aside from other issues, (see health) I have some good news.
With all the excitement around here, little success is great success!

I did give 2 mornings of early rousing thought to adopting Amie's suggestion immediately but I stuck it out. After all, I've got months of this behind me, so what is one more week after all.

Well, we've made great strides. Dinner has been served at 8:00pm (9:00 one night by accident) I've been feeding her more out of the Canine Genius and making her work more to get it. Every morning, I have slept later and later. Ahhhhh, small victories!

What is funny, I know own 3 Canine Genius genie bottles. Until 2 weeks ago we only had one. They all love them (well except Jasmine, who still likes everyone to roll her food out for her including Capone!) and it keeps their little minds moving so I am thinking it keeps her mind moving and tires her out even more.

Morning feedings are in bowls, Genius in the evening. Genius!!

...more to come as my sleep gets longer!

or I switch to getting up at terrible times to get more time. But we'll keep trying this for a while :)

Stupid question: what is a canine genius bottle????? :oops:

Amie

Postby Amie » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:52 am

I think she means a Leo, which is vaguely genie bottle shaped:
http://www.caninegenius.com/

PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Postby PitBull-Lady » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:00 am

Amie wrote:Sounds good so far!

Well, it was good. Big speed bump last night.

... can I bring her by and drop her off, so I don't attempt to throw her outside and close the door all night long and leave her outside to be eaten by the fox (or wait, it might be the other way around now...)?

Oh boy, she was a pistol last night. Like someone gave her catnip. Dang dogs. lol
Genius, you let me down.

Thank dog that humidity and heat will be a little better today. That means big walks for everyone!

Amie

Postby Amie » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:00 pm

PitBull-Lady wrote:... can I bring her by and drop her off, so I don't attempt to throw her outside

Sure, provided I can give you Liberty (and her separation anxiety) every time I have to leave the house!

PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Postby PitBull-Lady » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:52 pm

Amie wrote:
PitBull-Lady wrote:... can I bring her by and drop her off, so I don't attempt to throw her outside

Sure, provided I can give you Liberty (and her separation anxiety) every time I have to leave the house!

lol I'm thinking I have the better deal... :dunno: (it's all relative huh?)
no way, lol she might be from Baltimore, but she's not going back lol

Amie

Postby Amie » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:20 pm

How is this going? Are you getting a few minutes more sleep?

PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Postby PitBull-Lady » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:16 pm

yes! persistence is apparently my friend.

Still feeding late, and they are adapting. Tonight I actually had to wake them up to eat (it's been a big day).
My husband was at an away car race this weekend so I had the dogs the last 3 mornings. This morning I was awoken by the normal sand paper tongue licking. "Ahhh, Flower why???" well duh mom, it's 5:30am !!

She let me sleep that long!!!!! OMG who knew???? I felt so lucky.
Next week, who knows... but thanks for asking!

Now, night before last we had a potty break down but that's another story lol

RoxieRules
Newborn Bully

Postby RoxieRules » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:31 am

PitBull-Lady wrote:yes! persistence is apparently my friend.

Still feeding late, and they are adapting. Tonight I actually had to wake them up to eat (it's been a big day).
My husband was at an away car race this weekend so I had the dogs the last 3 mornings. This morning I was awoken by the normal sand paper tongue licking. "Ahhh, Flower why???" well duh mom, it's 5:30am !!

She let me sleep that long!!!!! OMG who knew???? I felt so lucky.
Next week, who knows... but thanks for asking!

Now, night before last we had a potty break down but that's another story lol

Do you at least get to go back to bed on the weekends???

PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Postby PitBull-Lady » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:28 am

Oh yes. After eating, she just falls back asleep. It's about food and boredom. But as soon as she gets up... she's GOT to go out.

So, this morning I was woken up at 3:26. Why might you ask?? No, not the dogs... no not weather...

Household Appliances!

Yesterday, she got her little keester wore out. About 3.5 miles for the day total. EVERYONE was sleeping soundly, including me, and then BEEP, BEEP, BEEP
My dumb butt oven wanted to have me start cooking!!!!! It has issues, this model has phantom problems but we thought we had fixed it by buying a new brain.

Too funny, I really could have made it to at least 5:15am this morning. Stupid oven.

Amie

Postby Amie » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:00 am

Maybe it's not Flower, but the Universe conspiring against you getting a full night's sleep, and she was just a pawn in the Universe's plan.

But it sounds like otherwise you're getting to sleep in a little more each day! Eventually, when she's predictably and solidly waiting for the alarm to wake you up, you can do away with the alarm and go wake her up yourself, because she won't bother you until she hears it - and she won't hear it. When you do that, you'll want to still use the alarm some days, to keep that behavior reinforced.

PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Postby PitBull-Lady » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:34 am

Dear Flower,

I love you, but this attempt to get me up this morning was inexcusable.
2:30 am thru 3:15 every friggin 2-5 minutes I officially hated you this morning. All I wanted was sleep and you kept licking, stepping, clawing and nudging me. What gives??? I need my beauty sleep.

I did appreciate how you let me sleep for 15 minute clips from 3:15 thru 4:05.

4:05 obviously I gave up and fed you.
Then there was your 15 minutes sauntering through the yard while I waited to let you back in so I could go to sleep.

I did appreciate how you curled up behind me when you came back in and warmed my back from 4:20 thru 5:30. So I had a solid nap. Thanks

If this happens tomorrow, I might have to go sleep outside as that is the one place I don't think you'd look for me.

I love you but dang girl!!!

Love,
Mom

Return to “Training and Behavior”