I AM ECSTATIC!

Tricks, obedience, behavior, and more.
pitsnok
Bully Lover 4 Life

I AM ECSTATIC!

Postby pitsnok » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:35 pm

SOOOOOOO as I have said before, we have been trying to slowly introduce Degan to more dogs. We thought Degan was DA, but came to the conclusion that more than likely he just really had NO idea what to do around dogs. WELL, our friends have a boxer named Rockford that is practically identical in size to Degan. He is very very submissive, and I'm quite confident there is not an angry bone in his body (he's a typical boxer!) We took Rockford and Harlow over to a friend's house so they could be on neutral ground and they played great with each other. We were coming back over to our house to swim and decided they should bring Rockford, and Degan can stay in his crate if things don't go well.
First, Rockford's dad and Tanner (my boyfriend) took the boys for about a 30 minute walk together, so they could burn some energy and also 'work' together. When they came back-- to my sheer surprise they LOVED each other! They walked together perfectly. They swam and played and we eventually had all three dogs outside off leash and they are honestly the best of friends. They were obviously VERY supervised, there were nine of us here so if anything were to happen it would have ended quickly, but luckily there wasn't even a minor spat!

I know this is not really a huge feat for most people but I am so overwhelmed with joy and pride that I HAD to share!

tiva
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Re: I AM ECSTATIC!

Postby tiva » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:55 pm

That's wonderful! I can just (barely) imagine your happiness. Hey, I get delighted when Vanya manages the slightest little playbow and head turn with a new dog, so a full-fledged play session would send me over the edge into ecstasy too.

spammie

Postby spammie » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:22 pm

That IS a big deal in my book. :nana:

CSilverman89
Forum Junky

Postby CSilverman89 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:53 pm

I agree, VERY big deal! :headbang:

sarallyn
Bully Ambassador

Postby sarallyn » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:20 am

That's awesome! It's a great feeling to see your dog play nicely with other dogs :)

MarMar
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby MarMar » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:41 am

Yay! I hope someday it happens for us too!

WackyJacki
Addicted to PBF

Postby WackyJacki » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:28 pm

Faaabulous!! :headbang: :nana: :nana:

Munkos
Super Bully

Postby Munkos » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:31 am

Very big deal! Awesome!

I almost cried the other day when Dante attempted to initiate play for the first time with a dog we met on the street. He's usually just tail tucked, head turned "sniff me and go away" but he loved this dog!! I was ecstatic so I can imagine how happy you are!

WackyJacki
Addicted to PBF

Postby WackyJacki » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:23 am

I just love hearing these stories... so very encouraging.

I also almost cried when after just three classes Stella was able to walk past a BC, head on, with nothing more than a slight whine. That was like a friggen miracle to me. lol

Keep us updated on the progress!!

pitsnok
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby pitsnok » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:49 pm

I really wish I had thought to take some pictures, but it didn't even cross my mind. I definitely will next time though! Hopefully Rockford can come back over soon.
Thanks for all the encouragement guys!

Return to “Training and Behavior”