March Trick of the Month: Army crawl

Tricks, obedience, behavior, and more.
Celesteandthebullies
Addicted to PBF

Re: March Trick of the Month: Army crawl

Postby Celesteandthebullies » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:25 pm

AllisonPibbleLvr wrote:
Celesteandthebullies wrote:Dakota already knows Army Crawl, so we've taken out the clicker. I'm having some uploading issues, but I'll get a video =]

Love it!!

He never really figured out how to crawl efficiently. lol

Jazzy
Pit Bull Princess Pamperer

Postby Jazzy » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:05 pm

Soooo....we're still working on crawl.

So far I've learned that I rather suck at clicker training...as evidenced by this last video where I seem to have abandoned the clicker all together :oops: ...and I really, really suck at small increments despite having really good intentions...and it's very hard for me to click and not talk, hence the adding of the verbal too soon...but once I started I couldn't stop myself... :oops:

And can someone tell me how to remove my foot from the equation?

FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Postby FBODGRL » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:46 pm

lmao at the sassy Miss V

Have you tried just the verbal cue without the foot?

Jazzy
Pit Bull Princess Pamperer

Postby Jazzy » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:30 am

FBODGRL wrote:lmao at the sassy Miss V

Have you tried just the verbal cue without the foot?

Yeah, Ms. Sassypants looks up at me like, "What"???? and if I repeat it, she barks at me which translates into, "I said WHAT stupid human"??? :oops:

BabyReba

Postby BabyReba » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:10 am

I have had a hell of a time uploading videos lately but we've made some good progress with my boy genius (Button), who actually taught himself to target my foot rather than my hand and will crawl over to it and now has the cue "crawl" to get him going. This morning, he even learned to "reset" himself. When we got to the end of the room, he got up and ran to the starting point again and waited for me so we could do another round.

Doc ... well, he takes longer to catch on, and he's still trying to bully through the session, not thinking, just acting. He's getting it, sort of. Slowly.

Tucker ... we'll try April's trick for him. It doesn't seem to be a comfortable thing for him to do to crawl for some reason. I think it's his build. He's having a hard time staying low ...

Amie

Postby Amie » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:18 am

Erin, one of the things I love about you is your willingness to accept your dogs' different learning styles and limitations. I love that you just see it as part of the dog, and not a flaw in any way.
:hug:

Maven
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Maven » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:37 pm

Ok.. we tried this. All three dogs.. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Maven is the toughest. she always has had an "opinion." I did lure and cluck (some). I'm not a great clicker yet. I am actually pretty pleased with all of the dogs.
Excuse the yard.. we are moving today and tomorrow so the yard hasn't been mowed and I an 20 lbs overweight and dressed comfy for the moving activities..
This might take all night to upload... post when they are ready..

Maven
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Maven » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:36 pm

I hope this works. I have never copied a photobucket video befor.. bear with me.
This is Flaco's first attempt.. mine too.

PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

March Trick of the Month: Army crawl

Postby PitBull-Lady » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:57 pm

Jazzy, I love how V is so sassy and gets up for a second then gets back down. But take a look at those saucer eye balls! She knows how to hypnotize you into her way of thinking at the end !!

Enigma
Forum Junky

Postby Enigma » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:15 pm

Ok, this trick is finished with Brina.. She crawls on a cue, but i still use my hand to help her. That's ok with me, i use hand signals for at least half of the tricks Brina knows.

I haven't come far with Jaka, he's not getting it, not even if i break it waaay down for him. But that's ok, i'll teach him some easier tricks.

Now i'm off to April Trick of the Month :thumbsup:

BabyReba

Postby BabyReba » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:53 pm

Still a work in progress with Doc, but he's finally getting the idea! I don't know who remembers, but in the first vids, he kept biting my hands when we were trying to get him to target, so I started over and decided to free shape the behavior, and it worked much better for him. Doc may have to take two months to learn tricks! lol

kaytenmags
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby kaytenmags » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:30 pm

now that my dog has learned to crawl, she needs to learn that it IS breaking her down/stay when she crawls along the floor towards her dinner. sheesh, who's idea was it to teach my dog to crawl? ;) lol
i can only imagine what fun uses she's going to come up with for the april trick of the month!

Return to “Training and Behavior”