frenchdoggy
Newborn Bully

SYM DOG (dog agressive)

Postby frenchdoggy » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:57 am

CSilverman89
Forum Junky

Re: SYM DOG (dog agressive)

Postby CSilverman89 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:09 am

Okay, I'm going to say it before anyone else does.

This dog is being set up to fail COMPLETELY.
I don't see a single thing being done right (and I only watched the first minute).

frenchdoggy
Newborn Bully

Re: SYM DOG (dog aggressive)

Postby frenchdoggy » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:15 am

wait

frenchdoggy
Newborn Bully

Postby frenchdoggy » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:20 am

CSilverman89 wrote:Okay, I'm going to say it before anyone else does.

I don't see a single thing being done right (and I only watched the first minute).

I do not understand everything sorry, nobody could aproach this dog today it is more aggressive, education without violence and without food. left or right, the dog obeys the same way.

SnowKoi2010
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby SnowKoi2010 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:38 am

That dog is clearly fearful of the leash and doesn't like it. They are only raising his anxiety. Two leashes? All they had to do was put the leash on and reward him, then reward him for moving. They are acting like Ceaser Millian. Which is Dangerous.

starrlamia
Addicted to PBF

Postby starrlamia » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:58 am

CSilverman89 wrote:Okay, I'm going to say it before anyone else does.

:goodpost:
wtf is with all the leash corrections? and not even being timed properly, just randomly. Yikes.

Kahne131
Matured Bully

Postby Kahne131 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:54 pm

All I can say is wow, Like starrlamia said leash corrections and bad timing, The dog looks like it was in pain when being petted and making it down which many consider a submissive position for dogs probably just made this dogs issues worse. I don't think the dog was fearful of the leash and the two leashes is probably the only thing that stopped this guy from being bit Duchess would have acted like this too if two strange men came over and took her from me and start to give her corrections on what looked like a pinch collar then made her down and was petting her on top of the head which again is not the best place to pet a fearful dog just my opinion.

Stormi
Addicted to PBF

SYM DOG (dog agressive)

Postby Stormi » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:33 pm

What is the purpose of this video? I see a dog showing every single stress signal he can - lip licking, shaking, avoidance, stress panting, ect. that is being pushed and drug around for seemingly no reason and touched when he's very clearly not comfortable with it. I'm not sure what behaviors that you are attempting to modify here (and if I can't tell, neither can the dog), but you're doing a great job of shutting the dog down and increasing his anxiety by treating him in this manner.

Kahne131
Matured Bully

Postby Kahne131 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:55 pm

Stormi wrote:What is the purpose of this video? I see a dog showing every single stress signal he can - lip licking, shaking, avoidance, stress panting, ect. that is being pushed and drug around for seemingly no reason and touched when he's very clearly not comfortable with it. I'm not sure what behaviors that you are attempting to modify here (and if I can't tell, neither can the dog), but you're doing a great job of shutting the dog down and increasing his anxiety by treating him in this manner.

Celesteandthebullies
Addicted to PBF

Postby Celesteandthebullies » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:17 pm

Stormi wrote:What is the purpose of this video? I see a dog showing every single stress signal he can - lip licking, shaking, avoidance, stress panting, ect. that is being pushed and drug around for seemingly no reason and touched when he's very clearly not comfortable with it. I'm not sure what behaviors that you are attempting to modify here (and if I can't tell, neither can the dog), but you're doing a great job of shutting the dog down and increasing his anxiety by treating him in this manner.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 112711.htm

Leash corrections

* The dog already fears and dislikes other dogs. Causing additional pain and discomfort whenever he sees another dog only compounds the feelings of frustration, fear, and hatred. The correction may suppress the behavior, but the emotional attitude the dog has continues to slide into deeper frustration and hatred of dogs on leash. The dog has also not learned any desirable behavior in its place (such as look at the handler).

CSilverman89
Forum Junky

Postby CSilverman89 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:16 pm

Agree completely.
At the end, (now that I'm home from work and actually saw the full video) all I see is a dog who is completely shut down. Nothing was corrected, no behavior was modified, all that was successfully done was to take a uncomfortable dog and push it too far to the point it has become unresponsive.

merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby merriterrier » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:27 am

Yes! I thought I might be missing some crucial part of info since I couldn't hear it. But I agree, I felt bad for the dog the whole time.

Adrianne

Postby Adrianne » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:41 am

I watched the whole video and incase anyone is curious its nothing new what they're trying to achieve and the method they're using. It's old school tire out an aggressive dog to out last and win them over.

The second lead is there for security of the trainer and to let the dog know they can't win.

KittyNyanNyan
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby KittyNyanNyan » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:14 am

This video makes me so sad for the dog.

starrlamia
Addicted to PBF

Postby starrlamia » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:48 am

Adrianne wrote:I watched the whole video and incase anyone is curious its nothing new what they're trying to achieve and the method they're using. It's old school tire out an aggressive dog to out last and win them over.

The second lead is there for security of the trainer and to let the dog know they can't win.

i know its old school :( but it still makes me sad.

Return to “Training and Behavior”