On a killing spree :(

Tricks, obedience, behavior, and more.
si senor
Newborn Bully

On a killing spree :(

Postby si senor » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:17 am

Hi Y'all ,...

I have a apbt pup (5months) and i'am baby sitting this ,8 year old female pit ,....
The pup is really smart and social the female is a nervious fixated dog ,...

When we are outside things are going pretty goood between them two ,when the pup goes 2 close 2 the female,she snaps at him and the pup runs off ,and after a while he tries again and again and again ...

When we are inside it's a total different story she wanna attack the pup like it's a fine ass steak .

So what i do is i make them tyred before coming inside the house ,and seperate them. After an hour when they all chilled out i bring the female in 2 the living and put them both on there places.

So yesterday i thought lets go out ,and took them both outside ,and she attacks the little one :( thank god no damage ) so i bring the little one inside and went on my way to a large field where she can run and be a dog ..

After a while a couple was walking towards us and i see 2 german sheppards ,so i leash the female dog and the sheppards where unleashed .and was calling to the owners leash your dogs please leash your dogs please and the sheppard snaps at the female so did the other sheppard and the only thing i could do is unleash the female otherwise she would be bitting up and would loose beacause of the leash on her neck .

i never see a dog going as mad as this female ,her eyes where totally blacked coloured and brrr scary chocolate .i was the only one that was trying to interupt the dogs because the owners of the sheppards were scared as hell !!

I please asked not to call the police ,after all i had my dog leashed up ,but unf they called the police and wanna check my dog for further investigation .

The worst part its not even my dog ,where did i go wrong ?

:run:

si senor
Newborn Bully

Re: On a killing spree :(

Postby si senor » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:18 am

excuse my english grammer ,from the netherlands doing my best here ,...:)

MikeInTacoma

Postby MikeInTacoma » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:33 am

I don't know. Probably it was a mistake to let her off leash. Did she kill both of the Shepherd dogs?

si senor
Newborn Bully

Postby si senor » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:09 am

No but almost ,the sheppards were loose and biting my dog while she was leashed i cant do nothing about it .
Yeah i could pick the heavy dog up while she was barking and showing off teeth ,or i could try to kick the sheppards ,but my quess it's a bit the owners fault to let the dogs loose (if you can't control them )there were a lot of possibilities but everything went that fast ,...

I just came home after a visit at the police dept. and they told don't you worrie nothing is going to happin ,but what you did is dead wrong ,you kinda using a weapon,....

Just to let you PBF's know ,i didn't release the dog to see the strenght or power off it ,but it was more 2 dogs againts one that was (leashed ) and some crappy dog owners that were to scared to do anything ....

what can i do (i hope not) in a similar situation , what would you do ?? :hero:

si senor
Newborn Bully

Postby si senor » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:11 am

just some pretty mean bite marks , i told the owners i would pay the vet cost ,...so have to be patient for some more info ,...

and my female dog already killed a jack russel in 2005 ,....

Celesteandthebullies
Addicted to PBF

Postby Celesteandthebullies » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:34 am

If I had a dog that I knew had killed in the past. I'd A: Not let it around my dogs, keep it separated.
B: Keep on leash at all times unless in a secured yard.
C: Carry deterrent spray, mace, pepper spray something.
D: A bite stick (I'd have one regardless)
E: If the dogs got within 10 feet, I'd pick mine up or at least get the biting end away.

Chasesmom
Bully Ambassador

Postby Chasesmom » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:11 am

si senor wrote:just some pretty mean bite marks , i told the owners i would pay the vet cost ,...so have to be patient for some more info ,...

and my female dog already killed a jack russel in 2005 ,....

you've got to be kidding. always keep your dog leashed. you're being completely irresponsible.

jamielvsaustin

Postby jamielvsaustin » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:15 am

I'm not sure I understand. There are two dogs in your house right now-yours and one you're watching? Which one did you take for a walk in the field? The one in the field was on leash and attacked by two off leash German Shepherds?

For the two dogs in your house-just keep them separated. It is common for this breed to not like other dogs you just have to deal with it appropriately.

For the situation in the field, it sounds like the German Shepherd owners were at fault. Granted, if I understand right you let go of the leash-after they were attacking the dog you're with, and I think legally that's a bad idea...even though I would have probably done the same. I think if that's the case, they attacked, you let the leash go-then everyone should be dealing only with their dogs' vet bills. They shouldn't have had their dogs off leash in the first place. Their dogs shouldn't have attacked yours. You shouldn't have let go of the leash (and I sympathize with you on that). And then they should have helped break the dogs up so that it wouldn't have lasted as long.

In the future you can do what Celeste said...those are all really good ideas.

si senor
Newborn Bully

Postby si senor » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:24 am

@ jamie

i was with the visit dog ,

and yeah there are 2 dogs here in my house /seperated (for 2 weeks)

and i kept her on a leash ,but come on 2 german sheppards biting and the owners were scared and didnt do anything .

So can you amagine me picking up the dog they have would attacking me ...but maybe yeah had to pick her up...like i said before ...

Thanks for the reply do

afrikaPB
Matured Bully

Postby afrikaPB » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:50 am

Sounds like this female, who has a history of serious aggression, should not be around other dogs. For their safety, and for hers (and your legal safety). Not the puppy (who should be having good experiences with dogs to learn they aren't all angry) and not strange dogs.
Can you find places to walk where the odds of seeing other dogs are very low? If not, can you exercise her in a fenced area, like a tennis court? Or an urban area, like walking on city streets, where any other dogs you pass will also be leashed?
Keep her leashed always. Even in a fenced area I have my dogs drag a long line behind them, just in case.
Better to have her muzzled so you can safely pick her up if strange unleashed dogs approach, than to turn her loose on them.

Mya&theSiebenDackels
Addicted to PBF

Postby Mya&theSiebenDackels » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:49 pm

afrikaPB wrote:Sounds like this female, who has a history of serious aggression, should not be around other dogs. For their safety, and for hers (and your legal safety). Not the puppy (who should be having good experiences with dogs to learn they aren't all angry) and not strange dogs.
Can you find places to walk where the odds of seeing other dogs are very low? If not, can you exercise her in a fenced area, like a tennis court? Or an urban area, like walking on city streets, where any other dogs you pass will also be leashed?
Keep her leashed always. Even in a fenced area I have my dogs drag a long line behind them, just in case.
Better to have her muzzled so you can safely pick her up if strange unleashed dogs approach, than to turn her loose on them.
Celesteandthebullies wrote:If I had a dog that I knew had killed in the past. I'd A: Not let it around my dogs, keep it separated.
B: Keep on leash at all times unless in a secured yard.
C: Carry deterrent spray, mace, pepper spray something.
D: A bite stick (I'd have one regardless)
E: If the dogs got within 10 feet, I'd pick mine up or at least get the biting end away.

:goodpost:

Having owned an American Bully that had severe dog aggression(where she wanted to and tried to kill other dogs), there is no room for mistakes when owning a dog that is danger to other people's pets and your own pets.

BrokenAquarian
Addicted to PBF

Postby BrokenAquarian » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:53 pm

I'm against people walking their known Dog aggressive dogs anywhere in public. Unless it's on your private property or a friend's private property - you shouldn't bring your dog there.

Knowing that the dog is dangerous, but still feeling like you(anyone) have a right to potentially bring it into contact with the subject of it's aggression. Doesn't matter who's fault it's going to be in the end - it's still a very bad situation.One or both dogs may end up dead/severely maimed.

In your situation, I wouldn't be taking this dog out into public.
I'm thankful I've got a huge yard that provides large amounts of stimulation. All this crap people go through to walk their dogs is insane. Dealing with other people is crappy.

Enigma
Forum Junky

Postby Enigma » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:35 pm

BrokenAquarian wrote:I'm against people walking their known Dog aggressive dogs anywhere in public.
Umm... Seriously? So what if you own a very DA dog and don't have a yard? You HAVE TO take a dog on a walk every day, you don't have any other choice, but to take him out in public. And you have a right to do so. If people would be just a little more responsible, there wouldn't be ANY problems at all. The least everybody can do is have a dog on a leash in public places, or teach a dog good recall so he won't bother other dogs. If you own a DA dog you can always use a muzzle, that way everybody is safe and you can still take the dog anywhere you want.

BrokenAquarian
Addicted to PBF

Postby BrokenAquarian » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:47 pm

It does suck, but the fact is that there are irresponsible people and that's never going to change.
I guess if I had to come up with a solution, it would be to always have that dog securely muzzled in public places or if there was a chance of it coming into contact with another dog.

I guess that's a better answer than my previous. :)

merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby merriterrier » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:23 am

Please muzzle this dog if you are going to walk her in public. Do not ever let go of the leash!

I think a big part of the issue here is your inexperience. You did not know how to react to the situation properly and prevent or end the dog fight. A dog fight can be a scary experience, but if you have the right tools and you know some techniques you will be much better off. Here is some very good info on breaking up a dog fight: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=79642

Return to “Training and Behavior”