Peeing in Crate advice

Tricks, obedience, behavior, and more.
Taotaomona
Newborn Bully

Re: Peeing in Crate advice

Postby Taotaomona » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:32 am

i came across someone with a similar problem with their dogs and i advised them to maybe put a toy such as a kong in there with them. raw hides are also great... or those big chew bones that take hours and hours to dent. if you think about it, would you want to piss near your toys/foods? long story short... they slowly progressed the kennel work from 1 hour in and back out to 2 hours in and back out and so on... they never had a wetting problem since. might work... might not work, worth a shot.

starrlamia
Addicted to PBF

Postby starrlamia » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:05 am

unfortunately brie doesnt care if there are toys in there, if there is a towel or blanket she will still go :(

nic
Forum Junky

Postby nic » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:57 am

I guess she just associates the bedding as where she's meant to go.
We have a similar thing at the kennels,some dogs will be spotless in there kennels,unless you put newspaper down on the floor,then they will relieve themselves wherever.
That's what they were taught to go on when they were little,so they do what they were taught.
If Brie had to go on blankies and bedding,that's what she's gonna associate with it.
Have you tried the harder sort of canvas type beds?

starrlamia
Addicted to PBF

Postby starrlamia » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:17 pm

i have not, im nervous to put an actual bed in there as it will be harder to clean.. So far the hammock has been working well!

nic
Forum Junky

Postby nic » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:40 pm

:thumbsup: good news!

GoingPostal
Forum Junky

Postby GoingPostal » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:51 pm

Do you think she'd potty on a primo pad type bed? It would be softer than crate but not absorb anything so would be a problem if she did go but if she only goes on soft stuff she might not do it on this. Someone suggested it for Ripley's shredding but she chews, not just shreds with her nails so wasn't sure if it would hold up.
http://www.primopads.com/

starrlamia
Addicted to PBF

Postby starrlamia » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:39 pm

ooh, im not sure, I will look into that thanks!!!
The hammock is working nicely, except for one incident, but she didnt pee on it... it just happens to touch the bottom of the crate so when she did pee it got wet, and it's kind of a pain to put on and off (i have to crawl into the crate to do it lol) so a pad like that would be much easier!

starrlamia
Addicted to PBF

Postby starrlamia » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:54 pm

little bit of an update, been using the hammock in the crate with NO accidents in there :) Yay!
Im going to find someone who can make one a bit better then mine as mine wont hold up forever and I want stronger tie on.

Return to “Training and Behavior”