Raising more than one Pit Bull together??

Tricks, obedience, behavior, and more.
ChevellesMomma
Adolescent Bully

Raising more than one Pit Bull together??

Postby ChevellesMomma » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:27 pm

If you feel you can't handle it if they don't get along later... I would suggest rehoming now. Even littermates can still grow up to show aggression towards one another.

FransterDoo
Addicted to PBF

Re: Raising more than one Pit Bull together??

Postby FransterDoo » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:24 am

I'm a little confused (but we're also out of coffee at home) are you thinking about keeping all 3?

Because raising 3 puppies and making sure they aren't co-dependent on each other or don't get the socialization and training they need is really, really, really hard.

jamielvsaustin

Postby jamielvsaustin » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:49 am

If you're not open to the possibility of crate and rotate in your life, then I would only keep one. You never know if you're going to need it-until you do, and like you said, at that point you'll probably be really attached, and chances are it'll be much harder to find homes for adult dogs-versus the puppies you have now.

I'm curious to know why you're against it though. It really isn't hard and, at least in our house, isn't stressful for the dogs.

AllisonPitbullLvr

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:08 pm

FransterDoo wrote:I'm a little confused (but we're also out of coffee at home) are you thinking about keeping all 3?

Because raising 3 puppies and making sure they aren't co-dependent on each other or don't get the socialization and training they need is really, really, really hard.

x93752839382

Plus, a puppy's first year can be quite costly-- I can't imagine multiplying it by three!

Patch O' Pits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Patch O' Pits » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:24 pm

I have owned and raised several sets of siblings. However, I am not a first time APBT owner. I would not recommend you do this if you are not experienced. Each dog will need one on one training as well as training around the siblings, their own walks, playtime etc plus not to mention triple the food, vet, toy and treat bills. Yes, it also means triple the fun and good times, but it is a lot of work to get to that. :)
Two is quite a handful, but three changes the whole dynamics to things.
Good luck in whatever you decide to do. Just remember dogs are a life long commitment. So if you are even thinking about re-homing already then do it now. To me it isn’t fair to wait and see if it works out. Just my opinion of course…

Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Ilovethepits » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:14 pm

lauraeast wrote:Well, I am happy to say I have found really great pit loving homes for these puppies- And we decided to keep Winston :) Life is a lot easier around here with just one now and you all are right- it is so so much easier to train 1 at a time! phew! I am looking forward to our life long journey with him- such fun! Thanks so much for all your support- looking forward to getting to know you all!
Love,
Laura

I am happy you came up with a plan to find all the pups loving homes and are having a good time with Winston!! :)

Kingsgurl
Addicted to PBF

Postby Kingsgurl » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:14 pm

FransterDoo wrote:I'm a little confused (but we're also out of coffee at home) are you thinking about keeping all 3?

This is really the crux of the matter. Finding the time to work individually with each of three puppies is a tall order. Glad you were able to find homes for the other two!

Return to “Training and Behavior”