Houdini dog, and mad mad me.

Tricks, obedience, behavior, and more.
Boss*sMom
Super Bully

Houdini dog, and mad mad me.

Postby Boss*sMom » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:45 pm

Yesterday when I got home from class Boss met me at the door, he was put in his crate when I left. I fixed the crate back together.

Today I left for class a bit before lunch, boss went for a long walk and played in the creek this morning. I was gone from 11 to 2. When I get home he meets me at the door. Then I find that he ripped the sheets off of my bed, tore a hole in a pillow, destroyed 2 books (1 didnt belong to me so I get to buy a new one!), destroyed my lamp, and chewed through the cord on the window unit a/c. I'm not sure how that didn't kill him. But now we have no a/c in the back end of the trailer.

I'm not sure what his deal is lately. I stopped putting him in his outdoor kennel during the day because of the heat but now he leaves me no choice and that is probably where his days/nights will be spend for a couple of weeks other than taking him for walks. I'm so angry. I don't know why he did this. It was just a couple of hours AND he was exercised before then!

:po:

I have another crate he can use. I am considering putting the smaller crate into the larger crate and then putting him into the smaller crate. But for a few days he is going outside. My husband is going to freak out when he gets home friday and sees what he did to the window unit.

Oh yeah, he knocked clothes off hangers in the closet, they are all over the room, and plastic hangers chipped up everywhere.

He has never done this before, ever.

AllisonPitbullLvr

Re: Houdini dog, and mad mad me.

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:08 pm

How old is he again?

Boss*sMom
Super Bully

Postby Boss*sMom » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:37 pm

16 months. He is going to work with me since the other crate is in storage right now. I want to work him like crazy but it will make his hips so sore in worried. In going to tire him out the best I can today.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jamielvsaustin

Postby jamielvsaustin » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:46 pm

Typically I'm not a fan of medicating dogs...but in this case, you might want to consider it to keep him safe...I'm surprised the lamp and the A/C didn't cause serious damage to him.

chinchi_&_chupa
Super Bully

Postby chinchi_&_chupa » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:10 pm

Tell the hubby that you can get a new cord for the a/c or have the original cord fixed relatively easily (if it's a plug into the wall type)...or do it before he gets home Friday :) Teenagers :)

Boss*sMom
Super Bully

Postby Boss*sMom » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:19 pm

What do you think is causing this? We do have 2 new additions but my gosh he gets mire attention than they do.

The lamp wasn't plugged in. But the AC was in and running. In suprised it didn't kill him

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

BrokenAquarian
Addicted to PBF

Postby BrokenAquarian » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:04 pm

Boss*sMom wrote:What do you think is causing this? We do have 2 new additions but my gosh he gets mire attention than they do.

It doesn't matter how much attention he gets. A new addition(or more) can and does usually cause at least some stress/acting out.

What/who's new in the home?

Boss*sMom
Super Bully

Postby Boss*sMom » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:46 pm

Hubby's boston pup and my great dane.

The new additions are doing great. Boss loves them, takes over them like a momma dog. Scolds them when he needs to and plays so so so gently with them.

They have been here 2-4 months now. He hasn't acted like this with them ever. Never did this with our fosters either.

I'm so confused. :( He is in my lap now... being my laptop holder, as normal.

BrokenAquarian
Addicted to PBF

Postby BrokenAquarian » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:57 pm

Ok, then it's not them causing this. I thought you meant new, as in just a couple weeks or so. :)

Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Ilovethepits » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:03 pm

Do you think maybe someone was outside the trailer or walking around it or something? Maybe he was just trying to make sure they didn't get in or was upset at something outside?

AllisonPitbullLvr

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:30 pm

I'm not there so I can only make assumptions but that sounds exactly like what I would come home to when we were in the throes of Obi's SA.

Curly_07

Postby Curly_07 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:02 pm

Have you had storms roll thru during these times? Maybe something is scaring him? Gun shots? Have you tried the crate sprays and chews that have whatever that stuff is that's in them to help calm him? If not, maybe try that before medication? I hope you figure out the triggers before he hurts himself...you'll be in my thoughts.

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk

Boss*sMom
Super Bully

Postby Boss*sMom » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:36 pm

No to the storms.

Now that it has been mentioned my father in law could have been outside feeding his quail. He lives down the road but his birds are at my house (nasty, discusting, coccidia spreading damn birds that need to GO). I have talked to him about not coming here when we aren't home, because even when we are home Boss gets very anxious. Maybe that had something to do with it.

This morning I took boss and both puppies to the lake, made it "his" idea, told him they were "his" puppies to play with and watch. They had a blast. I honestly thought Boss would swim and the pups would play around since there is alot of room to run and it's so private everyone goes off leash. I was letting boss jump off of the dock and all of a sudden I have two soaking wet puppies at my feet. They had fallen into the lake trying to get on the dock and (they didnt jump off the dock) they swam the rest of the time we were there. They both loved it.

Needless to say they were all exhausted. i was gone to class for 4 hours, came home for a while then went to work out, and I left Boss loose in half of the house. I put a gate up in the hall, he can jump over it but he never does. Nothing was damaged, nothing harmed, nothing even out of place other than his toys out of the basket. He was sleeping on the couch were I left him.

Maybe it's time he didn't use his crate anymore. He is fully housetrained so that I'm not worried about (other than him wizzing on the guinea pigs cage the other day, that was out of spite I think).

He was such a good boy today, really I couldnt have been more proud.

Boss*sMom
Super Bully

Postby Boss*sMom » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:38 pm

No to the storms.

Now that it has been mentioned my father in law could have been outside feeding his quail. He lives down the road but his birds are at my house (nasty, discusting, coccidia spreading damn birds that need to GO). I have talked to him about not coming here when we aren't home, because even when we are home Boss gets very anxious. Maybe that had something to do with it.

This morning I took boss and both puppies to the lake, made it "his" idea, told him they were "his" puppies to play with and watch. They had a blast. I honestly thought Boss would swim and the pups would play around since there is alot of room to run and it's so private everyone goes off leash. I was letting boss jump off of the dock and all of a sudden I have two soaking wet puppies at my feet. They had fallen into the lake trying to get on the dock and (they didnt jump off the dock) they swam the rest of the time we were there. They both loved it.

Needless to say they were all exhausted. i was gone to class for 4 hours, came home for a while then went to work out, and I left Boss loose in half of the house. I put a gate up in the hall, he can jump over it but he never does. Nothing was damaged, nothing harmed, nothing even out of place other than his toys out of the basket. He was sleeping on the couch were I left him.

Maybe it's time he didn't use his crate anymore. He is fully housetrained so that I'm not worried about (other than him wizzing on the guinea pigs cage the other day, that was out of spite I think).

He was such a good boy today, really I couldnt have been more proud.

Boss*sMom
Super Bully

Postby Boss*sMom » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:32 am

Lake again today!

Return to “Training and Behavior”