Male pit bull very anxious around female pit bull.

Tricks, obedience, behavior, and more.
HemphillKing
Adolescent Bully

Male pit bull very anxious around female pit bull.

Postby HemphillKing » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:02 pm

Hey everyone, my 6 year old male Pit Bull(unaltered) has recently been acting EXTREMELY anxious and "excited" around our female(fixed) Pit Bull. He will not leave her alone, he will sniff, lick and follow her around non stop. It has been going on for about two months now, I called the vet a month ago and they said though she was fixed she will still emit scents that will attract him to her. He's done this before but only for about a week at a time, which I figured was due to the female's "cycle." Both dogs have been with me since they were pups, the female was introduced to the male at six weeks old and I have never had issues between the two. Any help on what is going on, or how to fix it is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

HappyPuppy
Addicted to PBF

Re: Male pit bull very anxious around female pit bull.

Postby HappyPuppy » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:15 pm

I have no experience with this but I recall hearing that something like this could mean an infection with her... urinary? pyo? other?

suzanne
Adolescent Bully

Postby suzanne » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:26 pm

HappyPuppy wrote:I have no experience with this but I recall hearing that something like this could mean an infection with her... urinary? pyo? other?

Could totally be due to her having a vaginal infection or even bladder infection.

Why does your male still have his nuts?

Mooresmajestic
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Mooresmajestic » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:50 pm

You may want to take the girl in and have her hormone levels checked. There is always a possibility that a tiny piece of an ovary could have been left when she was spayed. If so, that piece will "grow back" (not the uterus, she can't become pregnant) and cause the dog to come into heat.

You should have her checked out by a vet anyway. Bloodwork/urine test are always a good idea if a dog (even if the other is treating her differently. Dogs know things...) is behaving oddly.

bahamutt99
Addicted to PBF

Postby bahamutt99 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:00 pm

Although some males just never get the clue that a female is not going to "come in." Or possibly he is scenting another female in the area and choosing to take it out on your girl. It happens. I wont rib you for keeping him with what he came with. But intact males can be really irritating. Thats why they call them little brain tumors between their legs. lol

HemphillKing
Adolescent Bully

Postby HemphillKing » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:24 am

He has been around her for three years and I've never seen him act like this. Ill take her to the vet this evening.

randomroads
Matured Bully

Postby randomroads » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:28 pm

suzanne wrote:
Why does your male still have his nuts?

I fail to see why you even asked this. Combative questions (and yes it comes off as combative) about people's reasons for not neutering their dogs is not going to change minds.

Return to “Training and Behavior”