Another sit means sit trainer abusing dogs

Tricks, obedience, behavior, and more.
randomroads
Matured Bully

Another sit means sit trainer abusing dogs

Postby randomroads » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:01 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqda0bmH ... h69jmgjTdM

I was banned from posting comments on this video by the video owner because I told everyone

Did your parents slap you as a child when you told them you were hungry and they were busy? It's the same thing here. The dog is telling everyone in the room that he's unable to handle this stress (the other dog) and instead of understanding and helping him manage his insecurity better, they force him to bury his emotions. There's nothing safe about this dog. Compulsion training for behavior modification can often bury behaviors that will explode (dangerously) later.

The owner of the video wants to hide the truth of what he's really doing to these poor animals. Anyone questioning his abusive methods is immediately silenced. I think it's telling that he refuses to allow open discussion. He's clearly unable to comprehend that there are BETTER methods out there.

I'm glad I've read the BAT book. It's really opened my eyes to how unfair I've been to dogs in the past. It was easy to see what this poor dog really needed instead of 'sitsitsitsit' *shock*. I'm not against e-collars. I'm against abuse.

PitbullLover*
Super Bully

Re: Another sit means sit trainer abusing dogs

Postby PitbullLover* » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:01 am

People like that will never change, there are so many video's on you tube with people doing this type of ''training'' and thinking it actually works. My father trained police dogs, his dogs who got rewarded with a hamburger were 200% better then the other ''trainers'' on there that used pain to make the dogs behave.

Inaras mom
Adolescent Bully

Postby Inaras mom » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:24 pm

The body language of that poor dog just breaks my heart.

Red
Addicted to PBF

Postby Red » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:47 pm

randomroads wrote:The owner of the video wants to hide the truth of what he's really doing to these poor animals. Anyone questioning his abusive methods is immediately silenced. I think it's telling that he refuses to allow open discussion. He's clearly unable to comprehend that there are BETTER methods out there.

Agreed. The same goes for owners who hire that type of "trainer", who fits the Sit Means Sit company standards. I firmly believe that dog owners need to do their homework and make choices, so that people like that are no longer in the business. Unfortunately, "fast results" is the number one selling point for many, no matter the price paid, from the dog's part.

randomroads
Matured Bully

Postby randomroads » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:03 pm

They want fast results because they lack empathy toward living things. It's been my experience being around many different types of people that folks who do things like this to their dogs also do similar to each other and their children. It's not only the dogs who suffer, but at least seeing people abuse pets will send up a red flag to stay far far far away from them.

addieNmel
Newborn Bully

Postby addieNmel » Wed May 08, 2013 12:06 am

They also want fast results because of their price. We had a sit means sit franchise here for a while.. over $1000 for the program. I learned more about it, being a vet tech I had a lot of clients ask about it and I wanted to be informed. While I am open minded, I certainly do not agree with how they go about things..

Return to “Training and Behavior”