Another question from work; bed wetting

Tricks, obedience, behavior, and more.
BULLYsADVOCATE
Newborn Bully

Another question from work; bed wetting

Postby BULLYsADVOCATE » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:34 pm

As you can start to tell, I'll mostly be asking a bunch of questions from people who shop at my store or who attend my classes. On Tuesday, a woman asked me about her significant other's dog urinating on her two older dogs' beds. The culprit is a small breed male (about a year old, and neutered), and the victims are a 9 year old female, and a 15 year old, semi geriatric, male. I believe both the other dogs are fixed, but I may have failed to ask or remember. They are walked together 6 times a day for about 10-15 mins.

I have no idea how to resolve this, or why the younger dog would be doing this to two older, mellow dogs. I told her I would try to find a solution and get back to her next time I was in for work. She is almost to the point of hiring an authoritarian dog trainer, whom I have observed, that seems to almost terrorize the dogs. When he comes into our store with any of his clients dogs, they're usually cowering; however he does get VERY good results. So I wanted to see if I could solve this without her resorting to that.

Return to “Training and Behavior”