Bridge and Target

Tricks, obedience, behavior, and more.
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby 04100824 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:36 pm

I was telling Julie about this and wanted to share.

A couple of days ago, I hurt my ankle. I am on crutches, which Reno saw more as huge, flying robotic super arms, I think. lol Whatever. He decided that this was scary at first, then started getting amped up on them, dodging, running from them, bouncing, barking, bowing, air snapping... being a brat. All it really took was to tell him that they were just crutches and to please be easy. Then I showed him that I can pick them up, that we can lay them down on the floor, and that I can stand with them and that they move when I move. I went from showing him what I could do with them to asking him to touch them. Now, he'll walk next to me calmly while I'm on them and will come across the room to touch them with his nose or paw when I ask where they are. :))

HappyPuppy
Addicted to PBF

Postby HappyPuppy » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:32 pm

HappyPuppy wrote:Woo hoo - I just ordered the manual!!! So anxious to start working on body parts, etc. Been working on 'left' but not properly, so that will be great to learn the proper way to teach new behaviors and string them together! I would love to teach body parts, and directional left and right mainly and I'm sure it will open the door to so much more!! Keep trying to read this thread but 35 pages of forum discussion is hard to get thru. I saw Red work with Jack once and he would come up and touch her hand/fingers or whatever object with his nose on command and stay more focused on her while doing that. I believe she was employing B&T techniques - I was impressed.

Are the people who do the manual on here? I ordered it like 2 weeks ago and never got any confirmation and my emails inquiring about my order have not been answered.... Just wondering. I've been accosting the mailman daily and I keep making him look around in his truck....

Kayce Cover
Newborn Bully

Postby Kayce Cover » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:05 am

Sorry -

New manuals are on order and we are switching the ordering system so that manuals will go out even when I am on travel.

I did answer your emails and sent a complimentary copy of the electronic version, to tide you over. Perhaps you are not receiving my emails. The manual file is about 430 k.

Anyway, it should go out soon and thanks for your patience.

HappyPuppy
Addicted to PBF

Postby HappyPuppy » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:29 am

Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:05 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry -

New manuals are on order and we are switching the ordering system so that manuals will go out even when I am on travel.

I did answer your emails and sent a complimentary copy of the electronic version, to tide you over. Perhaps you are not receiving my emails. The manual file is about 430 k.

Anyway, it should go out soon and thanks for your patience.
---------

Hi- Thank so much for following up. :) I don't seem to have received your email(s) - I looked in all of my folders and don't see anything from:
k_cover@hotmail.com or kc@synalia.com (and I checked for anythng that looks like it would be you). Could you possibly resend whenever you get the chance? I appreciate that you sent the doc. jenna343@pacbell.com is my primary email addy - I doublt if that would make a difference, but who knows (we do have DSL). I'm excited to see it! -- jenna :))

Kayce Cover
Newborn Bully

Postby Kayce Cover » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:56 am

Hi Jenna,

Just sent manual. Please let me know when you get it safe and sound.

Regards,
Kayce

Kayce Cover
Newborn Bully

Postby Kayce Cover » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:59 am

Hi Jenna,

This is the first time I have gotten a failure notice, but it did not go through to this address. The file is about 430 k. Might help to call your ISP to find out if they are blocking it for any reason.

Regards,
Kayce

HappyPuppy
Addicted to PBF

Postby HappyPuppy » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:18 pm

Can't imagine why it's not getting thru... My husband has been receiving 2MB files recently, so we should be able to get it - he forwarded me one this morning successfully.... I think my junk filter is low or off right now, too (just dbl checked in my junk folder). Did you use my primary address above? (Thanks for your efforts.)

Kayce Cover
Newborn Bully

clearing old news - manual thru to Jenna

Postby Kayce Cover » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:32 am

Thanks for letting me know, Jenna. Enjoy.

Kayce Cover
Newborn Bully

New video showing relaxation

Postby Kayce Cover » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:34 am

Tristan goes to Cornell...

http://www.synalia.com, first video

If you are interested in seeing video of training dogs to accept injections, email me at kc@synalia.com

Regards,
Kayce

Melody
Forum Junky

Postby Melody » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:05 pm

I just ordered the manual and cannot wait to start! This sounds like such an amazing training technique. My college classes need to hurry up and be done with so I can dedicate more time to training. :))

Julie K
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Julie K » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:49 pm

Kayce Cover is the featured author on DogRead this month, discussing her new book, SATS and the Family Dog.

http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/DogRead/
October, 2008 "SATS and the Family Dog" Kayce Cover, MSEd, BS An Sci, CABC IAABC, Syn Alia Training Systems, www.synalia.com

Julie K

HappyPuppy
Addicted to PBF

Re: clearing old news - manual thru to Jenna

Postby HappyPuppy » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:57 pm

Kayce Cover wrote:Thanks for letting me know, Jenna. Enjoy.

??? (I never got the web version)

Just checking in re the ETA on the manual completion(/reprint?) ???

Kayce Cover
Newborn Bully

manual orders

Postby Kayce Cover » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:03 am

Hi Jenna,

I'm writing from the Netherlands but have gotten word from the producer of the manuals that all have been sent and should have arrived. Did you get your hard copy??

Anyone else still waiting, please let me know.

Regards and thanks for all the patience,
Kayce

Kayce Cover
Newborn Bully

Freestyle dog dance link

Postby Kayce Cover » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:11 am

Tina Humphrey linkjavascript:emoticon(':thumbsup:')

http://bluecroft.wordpress.com/

Here is an interesting link of someone who is now actively pursuing SATS, but was already working at a very high level. I find this video really beautiful to watch.

It strikes me that pit bulls might be really good at this kind of sport.

I'd love to hear your ideas and experiences.

Regards,
Kayce

Kayce Cover
Newborn Bully

Postby Kayce Cover » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:24 am

Doggie Freestyle -

Did anyone go see the Tina Humphrey link? Is anyone doing this with pit bulls?

Return to “Training and Behavior”