Help! My dog ate a cat

Tricks, obedience, behavior, and more.
love for ba brody
Bully Ambassador

Postby love for ba brody » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:04 pm

I've been watching this thread, and I want to say:

1) it's not your fault at all, as already stated.

2) If he's making threats again you or your dog be extra careful from now on, check your yard for mysterious bads of food, things of that nature (he might try to poison your dog with dog food + antifreeze or dog food +rat poison. - I know it's deranged but there are some really effed up people out there... )

decSAMber
Newborn Bully

Postby decSAMber » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:15 pm

love for ba brody wrote:I've been watching this thread, and I want to say:

1) it's not your fault at all, as already stated.

2) If he's making threats again you or your dog be extra careful from now on, check your yard for mysterious bads of food, things of that nature (he might try to poison your dog with dog food + antifreeze or dog food +rat poison. - I know it's deranged but there are some really effed up people out there... )

I've had a similar experience with a neighbor out to get my pet rooster for waking him up too early one day... He tossed this blue looking powder stuff on my roosters food Tray. Sadly to say my rooster ate some and died... :sad:

Coach
Adolescent Bully

Postby Coach » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:30 pm

Any cat that is too dumb to stay out of a yard that has an APBT in it is too dumb to live, IMO. Natural selection at work. Good riddance.

decSAMber
Newborn Bully

Postby decSAMber » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:33 pm

Coach wrote:Any cat that is too dumb to stay out of a yard that has an APBT in it is too dumb to live, IMO. Natural selection at work. Good riddance.

LOL . . . Harsh reality but AGREED!

sahara311
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby sahara311 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:06 pm

yes, me and my boyfriend just discussed the fact thathe may try to poison the dogs. We have decided that the dogs go out one at a time, on a leash.... It's gonna be a pain, but absolutely necessary.
Tomorrow, I'm gonna have to go write a report on the threats he made to me and our animals. If something, god forbid, does happen, that guy will pay.

sahara311
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby sahara311 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:08 pm

sahara311 wrote:yes, me and my boyfriend just discussed the fact thathe may try to poison the dogs. We have decided that the dogs go out one at a time, on a leash....in our own fenced in yard.... It's gonna be a pain, but absolutely necessary.

no edit button?

jessandace
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby jessandace » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:55 am

your neighbor has no proof that your dog got his cat this time. and even if he did the cat came into your dog's yard, not the other way around.

has AC come by?

please be extra vigilant with your puppers....

neighbors suck.

sahara311
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby sahara311 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:32 am

I am waiting now for the deputy to come out to the house, to file a report for the threats.
I actually went down to the police dept to file report myself, but since i live in county instead of city, i couldn't. However, by coincidence, the same officer that came to take my info had run into my neighbor at the store. The neighbor had asked her what he could do, She gave him animal controls number. So I am awaiting them, i guess, too.

sahara311
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby sahara311 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:17 am

Deputy came, report filed. I mentioned that i was afraid to even go outside w my dogs (poor things still haven't gone peepee today ; ;) He walked over to neighbor's house to warn him.

sahara311
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby sahara311 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:18 am

gah, a typo made a winkie emoticon grrrrr. Where is edit buttn? lol

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:35 am

do you know if they got the cat out and is it still alive?
so all of this stress and pain becuse they could not follow the laws with their own animals., sad isn't it?
yet they want to blame you!!!!! :crybaby:

sahara311
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby sahara311 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:52 am

They got the cat out, and it was alive as of last night, they were taking it to the vet. But i don't know if it's ok or not, and I'm not very inclined to go ask.

Cheshirekatt
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Cheshirekatt » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:18 pm

sahara311 wrote:They got the cat out, and it was alive as of last night, they were taking it to the vet. But i don't know if it's ok or not, and I'm not very inclined to go ask.

What was the vibe you got from the deputy? Has animal control been there yet?

sahara311
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby sahara311 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:22 pm

Nope still waiting on their deputy to arrive.

sahara311
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby sahara311 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:37 pm

Just got back from speaking with my vet, she said that he cannot do anything other than notify AC what happened. And that since no one saw anything, and my dogs never left my property, it's his fault because his cat came into our yard. Now, had the dogs jumped the fence, got the cat, kumped back over the fence with the cat, etc, that would be different. Buuuut, that's not feasible.
She also noted my fears in my vet chart, and gave me pointers on things to look for, ie green pellets, strange liquids, and signs and symptoms associated with poisoning. She also advised me to file a report with local officials regarding his threats. (as i have done)
Finally took my poor babies outside to pee, one at a time, on a leash, in my backyard, and i was shaking like a leaf!! (they were having a yardsale next door like they do every friday for the past few months.... very tempted to turn them in for illegal yard saling.....) And he made it a point to walk out back and stare me down while I was out there. I didn't give him the pleasure of looking/acknowledgin his presence.

Return to “Training and Behavior”