Maverick thwarted road rage driver...

Tricks, obedience, behavior, and more.
Maverick
Matured Bully

Maverick thwarted road rage driver...

Postby Maverick » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:57 am

So I was coming back from training on Friday and I stopped at a stop sign. I was going to turn right, looked, had plenty of space, and made my right hand turn.
Suddenly, a lifted Chevy Silverado is tailgating me pretty fierce and intentionally revving up to my bumper. OK, I was confused, but let it go.
So he pulls up next to me and starts yelling out the window (keep in mind, in Chicago, people can be nuts!) and this guy being in a large truck, and me in my two door, he could have squashed me.
I thought "OK this guy wants to yell, here we go..."

I called Maverick from the back with his guard command and pointed. He makes an appearance from the back seat and hones in on the driver.
Well, needless to say, the guy stopped yelling and turned the other direction. He didn't need to bark or anything.

I think it was the leather agitation harness that scared him roflmao
I love my dogs!
N

PS - I am glad he didn't get out, because if he approached the car, he would have been in real trouble. I NEVER want to have to set him on anyone without a sleeve, but he's got my back and I love it.

luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby luvnstuff » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:16 am

DONT EVEN GET ME STARTED ON STUPID DRIVERS..

up here its AWFUL.. people are I dont know...but theyve gone nuts.
Since when did people think that because your car is in "THEIR LANE" they can drive you off the road, regardless of how fast you are going.

Personally its probably good I dont have weapondry or a good dog in my car.. I probably would be in jail for shooting out tires or attacking idiots.

Maverick
Matured Bully

Postby Maverick » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:21 am

Yeah, I have a 16" (extended) steel collapsable baton. I got a flashlight attachment, so it just looks like a flashlight in a sheath.
I have had people get out of their cars on me, so...yeah.

It takes alot of self control sometimes. I wish I could cruise with him all the time, except for the licking of the face while driving, lol.

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:41 am

I had a very senior citizen actually start bumping my bumper(I was going 10 miles over the limit too) then she pulled up beside me and ran me up on somone's yard(country road so no curbs or sidewalks thank goodness)
That bat sounds like a good investment to me! :thumbsup:
But anyway, I wasn't sure my dog would protect me until she took the ATTS, now I am confident she will. She was not letting the 'boogieman' get near me, but the minute he backed off, she sat and wagged her tail. He started advancing and cracking the whip, she stopped that tail wagging and advanced/linmged at him again.
Same thing with dogs, had a loose dog run at me and leaped to jump up on my chest, she body slammed him, then stood over top of him pinning him to the ground until I pulled her off before she tore into him.
Yes, it is good to know they have your back!.

Gatorpit
Addicted to PBF

Postby Gatorpit » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:44 am

pblove wrote:I had a very senior citizen actually start bumping my bumper(I was going 10 miles over the limit too) then she pulled up beside me and ran me up on somone's yard(country road so no curbs or sidewalks thank goodness).

That's when you slam on the brakes.

Maverick
Matured Bully

Postby Maverick » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:18 pm

Usually that's what I do too.
I know in this case my car would have ended up UNDER the truck.

Wesam
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Wesam » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:50 pm

I like that story LOL.

ilikelily
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby ilikelily » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:01 pm

keep in mind, in Chicago, people can be nuts!

no way! lol

steptide
Matured Bully

Postby steptide » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:36 pm

i am astoundid by the amount of bad drivers there are in the world. ill never forget one day i pulled up to a stop sign and had my left signal on. this was a T type intersection so it was only a one way stop. as i stopped at the stop sign , a car was coming roughly about 100yards away to my right with his left turn signal on. i waited for him to make the left turn on the street i was stopped on. as he pulled around the corner , he puts his window down and says "f!!ckin moron , learn how to drive" . im like what?!?!?! :po: , what the heck did i do??? i sat at the stop sign and waited for him to turn . i didnt cut him off or pull out in front of him. some people seriously need to chill

jenn&aala
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby jenn&aala » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:42 pm

steptide wrote:i am astoundid by the amount of bad drivers there are in the world. ill never forget one day i pulled up to a stop sign and had my left signal on. this was a T type intersection so it was only a one way stop. as i stopped at the stop sign , a car was coming roughly about 100yards away to my right with his left turn signal on. i waited for him to make the left turn on the street i was stopped on. as he pulled around the corner , he puts his window down and says "f!!ckin moron , learn how to drive" . im like what?!?!?! :po: , what the heck did i do??? i sat at the stop sign and waited for him to turn . i didnt cut him off or pull out in front of him. some people seriously need to chill

Heh. Damed if you do, damned if you don't.

Somebody actually got out and spit on my window, I was in highschool then, and scared to death...all for abiding by the traffic laws.

Maverick
Matured Bully

Postby Maverick » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:38 pm

It's nice when you can have a pittie in the back seat and the windows are tinted, so when someone messes with me and he pops up, surprise surprise!

Everyone gets mad or frusterated in the car but some people take it too far.
I just got a new License Plate that simply says: APBT - most people do not know what it means though, so they are not ready to see him whether they are being stupid, or just sitting in traffic.
Most of the time he is licking my head while I am driving. I really do not mind but people laugh when they look over and his whole body is wiggling because he is so happy to be kissing me.
LOL

JulieC
Adolescent Bully

Postby JulieC » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:19 pm

Oh it's not just driving, it's parking too.

I was pulling into a spot and a mother and her young kid were getting out of their car next to the open spot. Trying to be courteous, I waited for her to get the kid out and walk around to the back of her car. I pull up and as I'm getting out of my car she starts yelling at me that I was parked too close to her car (since when is 2 feet away too close?) and that I needed to move. I just laughed in her face and proceeded to get my kid out of her car seat in the back. Weirdo.

Kirstan
Forum Junky

Postby Kirstan » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:48 pm

I drive a Suburban, I park too close to EVERYONE. I did realize that I am a rude driver but not intentionally so I've been trying to dial it back. I tend to drive at a decent clip and I'm never sure why people just don't move when they see you coming up. I don't ride them, usually. I have gotten really yelled at!

JerzIrocz88
Newborn Bully

Postby JerzIrocz88 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:32 am

I was coming home one night, in a real pissed off mood as it is, so anyway i am traveling on a road which speed limit is 40. I was like 45 miles and hour and some bunghole behind me was flashing his illegal blue zenon lights at me. It took all about 5 secs to tick me off. So me an bunghole i was pretending, put onmy blinker for a left turn. Now on this road there is no way to pass someone if they are making a turn, so they guy was flashing and beeping. So i get out of my car and proceded to smash his headlights in with a little metal pipe i have in the car, for protection while driving through Paterson at the time. he was so stunned that i got back in my car and took off and he still sitting in his SUV. I figure i did about 1k worth of damage to his Acura SUV.

Just goes to show, if you have road rage, you never know who you are going to piss off. So I am careful. For all you New Jerseans out there, dont you hate it when a New York driver is in the left lane doing under speed limit, when there is no one in front of them. That really chaps my ass 8)

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:38 am

JerzIrocz88 wrote:I was coming home one night, in a real pissed off mood as it is, so anyway i am traveling on a road which speed limit is 40. I was like 45 miles and hour and some bunghole behind me was flashing his illegal blue zenon lights at me. It took all about 5 secs to tick me off. So me an bunghole i was pretending, put onmy blinker for a left turn. Now on this road there is no way to pass someone if they are making a turn, so they guy was flashing and beeping. So i get out of my car and proceded to smash his headlights in with a little metal pipe i have in the car, for protection while driving through Paterson at the time. he was so stunned that i got back in my car and took off and he still sitting in his SUV. I figure i did about 1k worth of damage to his Acura SUV.

Just goes to show, if you have road rage, you never know who you are going to piss off. So I am careful. For all you New Jerseans out there, dont you hate it when a New York driver is in the left lane doing under speed limit, when there is no one in front of them. That really chaps my ass 8)

I would have pancaked your as@. No way would I let somone smash up my car while I was behind the gas pedal and they were on the road in front of me :twisted:

Return to “Training and Behavior”