Maverick thwarted road rage driver...

Tricks, obedience, behavior, and more.
KristenD
Adolescent Bully

Postby KristenD » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:03 pm

Maverick wrote:Yeah, I have a 16" (extended) steel collapsable baton. I got a flashlight attachment, so it just looks like a flashlight in a sheath.

Where did you get it? I'd like to have something like that for night-time/early morning walks.

Yall have some crazy stories! I've never had anyone yell at me, but I have had those crazy tailgaters. Sometimes if they're really irritating me, I wll slow down quite a bit just to piss them off. Probably not the best idea, but at that point I'm pretty pissed off too!

I was pulling into a spot and a mother and her young kid were getting out of their car next to the open spot. Trying to be courteous, I waited for her to get the kid out and walk around to the back of her car. I pull up and as I'm getting out of my car she starts yelling at me that I was parked too close to her car (since when is 2 feet away too close?) and that I needed to move. I just laughed in her face and proceeded to get my kid out of her car seat in the back. Weirdo.

I think I might have gotten back in my car, backed up and pulled in closer to her car. :twisted:

Maverick
Matured Bully

Postby Maverick » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:28 pm

JerzIrocz88 wrote:I was coming home one night, in a real pissed off mood as it is, so anyway i am traveling on a road which speed limit is 40. I was like 45 miles and hour and some bunghole behind me was flashing his illegal blue zenon lights at me. It took all about 5 secs to tick me off. So me an bunghole i was pretending, put onmy blinker for a left turn. Now on this road there is no way to pass someone if they are making a turn, so they guy was flashing and beeping. So i get out of my car and proceded to smash his headlights in with a little metal pipe i have in the car, for protection while driving through Paterson at the time. he was so stunned that i got back in my car and took off and he still sitting in his SUV. I figure i did about 1k worth of damage to his Acura SUV.

Just goes to show, if you have road rage, you never know who you are going to piss off. So I am careful. For all you New Jerseans out there, dont you hate it when a New York driver is in the left lane doing under speed limit, when there is no one in front of them. That really chaps my ass 8)

I know you are from NJ and this exempts you from "normal society rules" but I am sorry, I do not see how this was necessary at all.

Only if someone gets out and approaches me will they be hurting - never throw the first punch and you'll be sure not to be sued.
PS - if the blues were on an Acura, they were legal so deal with it.

The baton can be had at online Army Navy surplus stores. Just search "collapsable baton"

JerzIrocz88
Newborn Bully

Postby JerzIrocz88 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:14 pm

Maverick when some guy is riding your ass for almost 2 miles, flashing and beeping to move on a one lane road, with me already doing 5 miles over the speed limit, that is seriously uncalled for. I saw him in my rear view, cursing and yelling, shake his fists the whole way. If he was that much in a hurry he could of passed me on the left, illegally across double yellow line, though. It was at 2 in the morning. Maybe it was excessive on my part but that guy got what he deserved. People like that shouldnt be driving at all because they are a dangerous to themselves and other people.

That is the mentality in NJ, you have to fight fire with fire alot of the times to drive the point home.

Maverick
Matured Bully

Postby Maverick » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:24 pm

Honestly, I have dealt with worse and I just call the cops and make sure they get there.
I had a guy try and LITERALLY run me off the road when I didn't want to race him. I had a 99 Camaro SS at the time (pretty souped up fast and loud)
I called the cops and was giving them the play by play until at a light three undercovers surround the car and pulled all four out.

That my friend is satisfaction.
You have to take your own advice in that "you never know who is in the other car pissed" - next time the other guy may pull a shottie on you and you have your pipe...

JerzIrocz88
Newborn Bully

Postby JerzIrocz88 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:31 pm

HAHA i was driving my IROCZ when it happened. I honestly not to worried about the people here, most of them are uptight, stuckup rich yuppies. I am not saying all yuppies or rich people are like this but that is common judgement you would make by what you see. They think that they are rich and own the world, not following rules or regulations, thinking that our people will bow down to them like they are some kind of immortal god. Calling the cops probably wouldnt have mattered to much, since they prob just pay the tickets and keep on doing it. At least now they would think about doing because of what I did. It was just a statement to let them know every once in a while they need to be knocked down from thier fake high horse.

mydogroxy
Bully Ambassador

Postby mydogroxy » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:59 pm

Maverick wrote:I know you are from NJ and this exempts you from "normal society rules" but I am sorry, I do not see how this was necessary at all.

hey, hey, hey now.....

coweatchicken

Postby coweatchicken » Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:05 pm

I'm used to the horrible drivers here in Baton Rouge. I've had more than my fair share of "hicks" in mud covered trucks litterely running me off the road because they don't want to wait for me to either slow down or speed up so they can merge into MY lane.

I think the scariest one was when some idiot in his SUV tailgated me and flashed his lights and honked his horn on the interstate during Christmas season last year. The speed limit is 70 and I was going 85 in the fast lane. I got angry and got up to an 18 wheeler and slowed down to 70 to keep pace with the big truck. God forbid someone do the GD speed limit! So the idiot in the SUV got really angry and slowed down to go behind the truck. I figured he'd given up so I speed up to get in front of the truck to allow traffic to go around me and the idiot DROVE ON THE SHOULDER AROUND the big truck and nearly hit me while I had my blinker on to get in front of the truck. I was already half way in the right lane! I would have died if that truck had hit me! I called the cops and I followed that idiot for 20 miles (he was going OVER 100 and I kept up with him!) until he got off on an exit and never saw one damn cop. What if I had died? Would they have gotten their butts out there then? Is that what it takes? He kept cutting everyone off and went around another car on the freaking shoulder.

It's times like that when I wish I knew the laws about citizens arrests and if I can do something about it. It's also times like that when I'm thankful I don't own a gun or I would have shot him, I'm sure of it. Is it illegal to shoot someone (not kill) if they're threatening to kill you while driving?

JCleve86
Forum Junky

Postby JCleve86 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:13 pm

KristenD wrote:I think I might have gotten back in my car, backed up and pulled in closer to her car. :twisted:

My thoughts exactly. I've been known to park as close as possible to people who are parked right on the line, just to make a point. Of course that puts my car at risk for getting dented all to hell when they try to squeeze into their cars, but my car is ten years old...I could give a chocolate. I just enjoy knowing that some poor soul is going to be REALLY irritated when they return to their automobile.

Maverick
Matured Bully

Postby Maverick » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:09 pm

Hey hey nothing...you do not bash headlights in because of tailgating.
A solid brake check, he hits you, automatically other drivers fault in insurance eyes.

mydogroxy
Bully Ambassador

Postby mydogroxy » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:19 am

i was just talking about your nj comment...we're not all jerks. i don't even beep at people most of the time...

The Teflon Don
Addicted to PBF

Postby The Teflon Don » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:23 am

Maverick wrote:Honestly, I have dealt with worse and I just call the cops and make sure they get there.
I had a guy try and LITERALLY run me off the road when I didn't want to race him. I had a 99 Camaro SS at the time (pretty souped up fast and loud)
I called the cops and was giving them the play by play until at a light three undercovers surround the car and pulled all four out.

That my friend is satisfaction.
You have to take your own advice in that "you never know who is in the other car pissed" - next time the other guy may pull a shottie on you and you have your pipe...

Indeed....bad idea getting out of your car with a pipe in your hand...darn good way to get yourself shot...and possibly have the shooter get off with no charges.

bobby_with_a_pit
***WARNING1***
***WARNING1***

Postby bobby_with_a_pit » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:25 am

I have a full size .45 in my car at all times. I pulled it on the guy with the knife who wanted to get in my car and also pulled it on the guy with a pipe who politely asked if I had any money slapping his hand with the pipe.

And if they wouldn't have turned so fast I would have shot them both.

Return to “Training and Behavior”