Illusion Collar

Tricks, obedience, behavior, and more.
SadiesHuman
Bully Lover 4 Life

Illusion Collar

Postby SadiesHuman » Mon May 12, 2008 9:54 pm

Hey -

Anyone know how well this works? I'm thinking of purchasing one and wasn't sure if anyone here had any experience with it. I have a problem with Sadie that collars don't stay up on her neck like I try to get them to. After a correction or two they slid back down to the bottom of her neck, this looks like it might keep the slip collar at the top of her neck. Any feedback?

adoptanapbt
Super Bully

Postby adoptanapbt » Tue May 13, 2008 12:23 am

Two options: I use a baby (or XS, whatever) prong collar for Desi, and have it fitted so that it's snug right behind the jaw. You will probably have to buy a prong collar and 1 or 2 pkg of extra links, all available at any of the big chain stores. Or you can go for the tab choke collars that fit exactly around the neck. I have a couple by Sprenger, but they're too big for any of my current dogs. You may have to order or go to a specialty store for those. And...naturally I can't find a link for the tab collars... Anyone?

Amie

Postby Amie » Tue May 13, 2008 6:06 am

What kind of collar are you currently using? Does it fit properly?

You can just put a snug fitting flat collar under the collar you're using with the leash, and that will prevent some of the slide.

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Tue May 13, 2008 8:39 am

Try a martingale collar!

Legend
Adolescent Bully

Postby Legend » Tue May 13, 2008 3:50 pm

PRONGS ARE THE BEST!!! I EVER BOUGHT

lipshipsattitude
Bully Ambassador

Re: Illusion Collar

Postby lipshipsattitude » Tue May 13, 2008 3:57 pm

SadiesHuman wrote:Hey -

Anyone know how well this works? I'm thinking of purchasing one and wasn't sure if anyone here had any experience with it. I have a problem with Sadie that collars don't stay up on her neck like I try to get them to. After a correction or two they slid back down to the bottom of her neck, this looks like it might keep the slip collar at the top of her neck. Any feedback?

A gentle lead or halti

SadiesHuman
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby SadiesHuman » Tue May 13, 2008 4:09 pm

Sad thing is I've tried all of these. I've been trained on using every type of collar and because of how she turns her head or something they all slip down - thats why I thought maybe the Illusion Collar might work.

We've tried - (in no particular order) - flat buckle, trad. choke chain, prong collar, martingales, genter leader harness, all other types of harnesses, head halti (she tried to commit suicide on it, and the trainer told me never to put it on her again)... we've tried everything except this collar.

I'm also bringing in a foster in a few weeks that has the same problem with things falling down on his neck, so any suggestions on keeping it up - let me know.

tiva
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby tiva » Tue May 13, 2008 6:49 pm

Have you tried the Canny Collar? I've never tried it, but it's gotten very popular with humane societies in the UK, and members of another board I'm on really like it. Here's the link:
http://www.cannyco.us/index.php

badkittyamy
Super Bully

Postby badkittyamy » Tue May 13, 2008 10:57 pm

A properly fitted prong should fit snuggly up behind the ears. how does it slip down are you leaving them too loose?

InBearsMemory
Bully Ambassador

Re:

Postby InBearsMemory » Wed May 14, 2008 8:00 am

I actually like it. We recently bought a knock off Illusion collar just for the sake of trying it out and I have to say it works well. I only use it to refine some of our obedience training but I think it is great.

Return to “Training and Behavior”