Few questions again maybe some advice

Tricks, obedience, behavior, and more.
JerzIrocz88
Newborn Bully

Few questions again maybe some advice

Postby JerzIrocz88 » Mon May 19, 2008 1:48 am

Here is the situation. My cat who is 14 years old, we had him since he was 8 weeks old. He is the ruler of the house since he was here first :). Well the last 2 years he has been in the basement because my dad hates all animals and about 99 percent of people, he is a very bitter man fill of rage. Well anyway, the reason why my cat was put in the basement because he got sick one week and crapped all over the place, and this pissed off my dad so much that he put the cat in the basement. My dad is very hateful to this cat and there is really no reason to be. So the last 2 years has been yelling and screaming at the cat to be quiet, get off the stairs, stuff like that. And everytime i tell my dad just to leave the cat alone he isnt doing anything wrong. Ok to the present, so on wedsday i go downstairs to the laundry, now my cat always greets me because i still show love and affection towards him. Well this time he didnt, i so call his name, and didnt let a meow, so i go look outside, nothing there either. so here i am going great my mom left the door open to let out my other dog andmy cat go out. So i look around one more time and i see that a cabinet is blocked by a water crate and on top of that a 15lb of cat litter. Low and behold, i move it and out comes my cat covered in feces and urine. Instantly my blood is boiling. Instantly i am on the phone with my bunghole dad, threating to call the cops on him for aminal cruelty. Then he treatens me by saying he throw me out of the house. it goes back and forth for 40 or so minutes. Then I am on the phone with my retarded mom threatening to call the cops on her too because she feeds the cat in the morning and somehow for 4 days she didnt fill the cats bowl. I dont calm down but I take my cat, into the bath tub and give him a bath, get him all cleaned up and now he is staying in my room for good.

Now here is my dilemma, I cant let the cat go back downstairs that is not an option. So i tested out layla and my cat. Layla seems real curious but not aggressive which is good but the problem is that my cat is old and just wants to chill and Layla being young wants to play. layla listens to commands when they are both out but only for like a minute and is back to her curiosity and it kinda bothers my cat.

Now i read this http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=56600 and reading this http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=34479&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

I have a question to add to this, should i put Layla into a 2 week cooldown because there is a new element to her world now? Would the 2 week cooldown be a good addition to the training to get the cat and dog on getting along?

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Mon May 19, 2008 9:27 am

I do not have an answer for you but do have a couple questions.
if you dad hates animal so much why did you bring more into the house after the cat?
why is your mom and dad at fauly because your cat was left in that state for 4 days, yet, you hadn't even fed or checked on your cat in those four days??(so your threatening to call animal control on your mom because she hasn't fed YOUR cat in 4 days?????)

luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby luvnstuff » Mon May 19, 2008 9:43 am

The cat has been in the basement for two years?
Now its upstairs , your dad HATES the cat (and animals) and is full of rage.
Do you think its good to have the cat back in the line of fire?

I dont know, this is a cruelty thing, so I cant say much more. It might be best to go put the cat to sleep , sadly, then have it endure more cruelty.

As for the dog, I have no opinion other than...the cat is obviously a new sight object (as the dog probably knew something was downstairs by its dogs senses).

You family I doubt will work on the dog and cat properly to insure all to be safe.

I really dont know what to say really. :sad:

JerzIrocz88
Newborn Bully

Postby JerzIrocz88 » Thu May 22, 2008 9:18 am

Pblove, I live in the upstairs room and i pay rent. Layla is my responsbility, she has very little interaction with my parents at all. Usually it is my mother. feeding and walking her when I am not around, but that is very seldom. 2nd i wasnt home sun, mon or tues, I was away. I know Layla and Bud were fed and walked. I feed my cat in the afternoons when I fed Bud, after I walk and feed Layla. Me and my mom take turns cleaning out he litterbox. Let me clear up it isnt my cat, it is our cat. i jsut said my cat because The cat sounded so wrong. I am sorry but if the cat is stuck in a cabinet yea that is one thing but Shadow was put into a cabinet and then the cabinet was blocked, do you think that is wrong?? Wouldnt you think something is wrong if you didnt have to refull Shadows dish for 4 days?? Who knows how long this went on if i didnt come home.

luvnstuff, Shadow is in my upstairs room. Has no interaction with the downstairs. Now Layla and shadow have to share the space with me. I cant put shadow to sleep, he is perfect health. This is the first time this has ever happened. Usually it is just yelling but this has gone to far and that is why I immediately took upstairs into my room.

I do apologize for not being clearer on the matter. I do need advice about the 2 week cooldown along with the other threads i have mentioned in the previous post

ZiggysMom
Super Bully

Postby ZiggysMom » Thu May 22, 2008 11:16 pm

Yikes!

I do think having a cooldown period would be a good idea. Especially when you get these guys together in such a small space, they need some time to let the excitement mellow before they can really get to know each other.

The only other advice I have would be to quit threatening to call AC or the cops and just do it. This kind of stuff is completely inexcusable, and in case it happens again you'll want there to be a paper trail that they have a history of that kind of thing. Probably no punishment will come of it, but at least it will be documented.

I really feel for you. Hopefully you'll be able to get to a point before long where you can get your own place. It sounds like it would be best for all involved.

sammy
Newborn Bully

Postby sammy » Thu May 22, 2008 11:57 pm

Well i know a thing or two about bad parents but this sounds like it is playing on all of your patience...

I know it is really hard finding a place out of home.. but in my opinion it is the best option to move out of there and find something bigger.

Even if you might have to share with some other people for rent or maybe even friends, they will probably have a totally different attitude towards you and your animals..

Which will cause them less stress, even if you might not see your dad and mom at all when you are up there the athmosphere plays a big role too even more on animals..

I dotn know if you have work or are still in school, i managed to get a job while i was in evening school and it saved my sanity ;)

Return to “Training and Behavior”