Moving Stress

Tricks, obedience, behavior, and more.
TangoJr
Matured Bully

Moving Stress

Postby TangoJr » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:34 am

Okay, I move quite a bit because of my job. I'm always in the same area, but its a different house or apartment.
Background - Mercedes(nickname: Sadie) is a boxer/pit? mix that I got from animal control 6 months ago. She is about 1.5 years and has the best temperament I've ever seen.
The last time we moved, Sadie was pretty upset, and showed this by tearing up a door and a couple purses. She got over it in about a week or so and there were no more problems. We're moving again next week and I'm worried she's gonna get destructive again.
Any ideas for managing moving stress?

Wesam
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Wesam » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:45 pm

If you can, try taking her to the new place before you move. Go there once a day for about a week, let her walk around the house, then go back home.

I did that when I moved and my dog didn't feel a thing.

TangoJr
Matured Bully

Postby TangoJr » Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:31 pm

That's a good idea. She's been there before and she's gonna have a doggie roommate(American Bulldog) who she absolutely adores, so maybe it won't be so bad...
I'm just kind of worried about her tearing up my roommates stuff or a door or wall... I can always deal with chewed up stuff or buy new stuff, but my roomie might get mad...

Return to “Training and Behavior”