Female - Marking???

Tricks, obedience, behavior, and more.
TangoJr
Matured Bully

Female - Marking???

Postby TangoJr » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:28 pm

I did a search and only found info about males.
When I first got Mercedes(2yrs old), I lived alone - We had some issues with adult potty training, and finally got that under control.
I now have a roommate on weekends. Mercedes has begun peeing on her bed when my roommate forgets to close the door and peeing near the chair that she usually sits on. I changed my sheets the other day(first time since having a roommate) and the first thing Mercedes did was jump on the bed and pee.
I'm usually not home when this happens, when I am, I take her out. I can't leave her crated because she tries to kill herself and breaks out of every crate I've bought.

Any suggestions?

TangoJr
Matured Bully

Postby TangoJr » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:57 pm

Would those doggie diapers for females in heat help train her? She's spayed BTW.

TangoJr
Matured Bully

Postby TangoJr » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:45 am

:frown: Any help guys?

poopster
Super Bully

Postby poopster » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:31 pm

What kind of crate do you have? I think its very important to work on crate training for starters. Go in this boot camp style if you get what I mean. Crate her then take her right out to walk. Limit her house privileges to a minimum and you should also read up on NILF training in this thread. Honey will be 2 next month and she went through something where when she didnt get her way should would go and pee on my bed. She also would pee on friends dogs beds and then started marking my daughters bed. I worked with her to make her earn back all of her privileges for a couple months. I have worked with many females who mark some who even lift their leg to pee on stuff. You have to take time and work through little steps with this. It could take a week or even months.

Return to “Training and Behavior”