OMG! Don't let Pat Cook get an Aussie!

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

re

Postby Diane Jessup » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:49 am

Well, its not like she isn't trying. SHe has tried out several dogs lately, but they are either unsound or dead heads. She has tried out Am Staffs, "gamebred" dogs and all kinds of rescue dogs. Kinda sad that "normal, good" pit bulls (or staffs) are getting so rare. Some one sent her a dog up from Texas that wasn't even purebred (and wasn't much of a dog). She is wonderful about finding great homes for these dogs (after altering, of course) but she can only spend so much time looking.
Diane Jessup

Postby sam » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:39 pm

Ok Rumpley... want to meet up to test out Shasta for the WSP? Zoe tested her out a bit lastnight and she searches and searches and searches. I'm going to go out on Wed. and take her out and about to test her. This girl has a need to work.

Plus it doesn't hurt that she is gorgeous. :inlove:

sam
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Sariss » Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:00 pm

Suddenly I feel outcasted. :(
Sariss
Bully Ambassador

Postby satanscheerleader » Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:38 pm

:hug:
satanscheerleader
Addicted to PBF

Postby aaron kahn » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:22 pm

I sent Pat an email about the pup that I'm fostering for Pitbull Project (5-6 month old female)... she replied that she is looking for a male that is a little older.

keep trying!
aaron kahn
Bully Ambassador

Postby Midnight Sun APBT » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:36 pm

Hi..

I have a very nice male pup I'd love to place in a working home. He is 16 weeks old, very very drivey, but sweet as pie. He's already neutered.

He's out of fully health tested, titled parents. His parents, and older sibling from litter 4 years ago, have all proven to be great working dogs, in agility, weightpull, obedience, and conformation... we are starting to playin flyball as well....

This is him at 8 weeks old.... I know he's not black....

Incidently.... I do know of a beautiful Black and white male in AZ that needs a great working home, he'd be about 2 now I think...
Midnight Sun APBT
Matured Bully

re

Postby Diane Jessup » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:49 am

Not sure if she'd take a blue, but I will sure ask her. Probably want something a little younger than 2, because by the time it is trained up it will be 4.
Diane Jessup

Postby Midnight Sun APBT » Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:00 am

also just to let you know.... this is not a blue bred from blue lines.. lmao..

I in fact HATE blue.... haha.. He's out of a Bluefawn GRCH UWP sire 19in 65lbs, and a CH (two legs to UWP mother)who is black 18in 55lbs, half sibling to my all time favorite dog *UWPCH CH* (2 obedience legs, 1 agility leg, flyball "pointed")
Midnight Sun APBT
Matured Bully

Re: OMG! Don't let Pat Cook get an Aussie!

Postby Kingsgurl » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:25 am

Funny story, Pat Cook just took Happy for a trial to see if he works out with her household. Cross your fingers for the little doof ball, maybe we will be seeing him High in Trial next.
Kingsgurl
Addicted to PBF

Postby heartbullies » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:52 am

Kingsgurl wrote:Funny story, Pat Cook just took Happy for a trial to see if he works out with her household. Cross your fingers for the little doof ball, maybe we will be seeing him High in Trial next.

I saw on FB and was wondering/hoping it was her! Fingers crossed for sure! How awesome is that?!

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2
heartbullies
Regulator

Postby Kingsgurl » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:41 am

Pretty damn freaking awesome! She is VERY particular though in what will work for her, so we will see if he can pass muster. If not, well, he's having a pretty fine adventure roflmao
Kingsgurl
Addicted to PBF

Postby MarMar » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:48 pm

Oh Happy! :inlove:
MarMar
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Kingsgurl » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:07 am

Meh, he's coming back (not that I mind, I missed his little speckled butt) Oddly enough, he passed ALL her criteria (gets along great with her pack, is smart as a whip, easy to train, never gets tired, loves to work, work, work) BUT he is scared of new people now? NOT how he was here AT ALL. Submissive, yes, scared and defensive, no. Interesting how dogs reactions are so situational. He had a great adventure and he will be back in time for Dock season
Kingsgurl
Addicted to PBF

Postby buckaroo » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:34 am

That's just terrible. I've never heard of her but she sounds awful to trade dogs in and out like that. She should be put on a DNA list. There's probably a good reason the dog was afraid at her house.
buckaroo
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Kingsgurl » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:03 am

Not afraid of HER, just strangers. She doesn't do a shut down and it would take a dog of a very specific temperament to take that kind of change, new people, new dogs, new place, no bond with new handler and not be stressed out in some way. May be why she is having trouble finding 'that' dog.
I find it a fascinating study in how situational a dogs reaction can be, along with the importance of NOT overwhelming a new dog.
Kingsgurl
Addicted to PBF

PreviousNext

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs