Chickie needs a home...

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
Sydney
Newborn Bully

Chickie needs a home...

Postby Sydney » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:11 pm

This my foster dog Chickie...don't let her small size fool you, she is a little ball of energy, but can also be the sweetest little cuddle bug. She is about 1.5yrs/Spayed/UTD on shots, and is looking for a forever home. She plays well with the other dogs in the household(7yr F APBT/16mo F APBT), but would prefer to be someone's non-stop adventure buddy. She is best suited indoors, and can be a bit of an escape artist (that's how she ended up homeless)

Chickie absolutely loves going on car rides...and is down for whatever. She will play on the spring pole and rough house with the best of them. She is a wonderfully fearless dog, with a very happy go lucky attitude, and totally thrives on human affection. She is housebroken and we are working on crate training and are almost there, sometimes she still whines a little bit. We have leash training down pat so long as you don't allow her to act up or pull.

She needs someone that will take control be her leader and stay on top of her training, or else she will run the household. She is EXTREMELY intelligent, and needs to be challenged! Chickie very much needs a household with structure, boundaries, and limitations. She has learned to accept things like not walking up the stairs faster then me, and waiting to go through doors.

I won't lie she is an amazing little dog with a lot of heart, but can be a handful. She is great with children, and I think the perfect home for her would be with an active little boy/girl who needs a constant companion, and is understanding of the importance of training.

I personally was going to adopt Chickie, but she has a hunter instinct, and has (on 2 separate occasions) tried to eat my parrot, Monkie. I just can't chance it again, and it is not fair to keep him in his cage all the time. Monkie is very used to roaming around on the floor and playing with the dogs. So I wouldn't recommend a house with a bird UNLESS it is a 100% caged bird. I have never had her around cats, but based on her personality I would not recommend it.

Sydney
Newborn Bully

Postby Sydney » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:25 pm

Chickie is a Dachshund/Pit mix...and weighs 15lbs. She is available through the Iredell Humane Society, or if you PM me I can get any information you need.

Chickie loves the water...it was all I could do to keep her out of the yucky pond her she was being held.

Nap time...

YAWN!

Playtime!

BullyBud
Bully Ambassador

Postby BullyBud » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:52 pm

What a unique looking dog! How cute! :inlove:

FearSheeple
Addicted to PBF

Postby FearSheeple » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:54 pm

How adorable!!

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:01 pm

Awww how CUTE!!!!!! :inlove:

Sweet72947
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Sweet72947 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:03 pm

Wow she totally looks pit/doxie. What a cutie! :)

skybyrd
Adolescent Bully

Postby skybyrd » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:18 pm

I called hubby. He said No. *pouts in hubby's general direction* He's right though, we have all we can handle.

But still. :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Sydney
Newborn Bully

Postby Sydney » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:35 pm

skybyrd wrote:I called hubby. He said No. *pouts in hubby's general direction* He's right though, we have all we can handle.

But still. :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

that's ok...I understand...thank you!

skybyrd
Adolescent Bully

Postby skybyrd » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:49 pm

Bump for the little girl I wish I could get...

Sydney
Newborn Bully

Postby Sydney » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:19 am

Thanks!!

Yes Miss Chickie still needs a very loving and disciplined home...she loves to run and play outside and roll in the grass, but at the end of the day loves to come inside and snuggle up on the couch...She is a perfect companion, and always happy!

I will update with new pictures soon (after it stops raining, bleh)

Sydney
Newborn Bully

Postby Sydney » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:29 pm

Chickie says *BUMP* I still need a forever home!!!

Chickie says "I can play with the big dogs!"

FransterDoo
Addicted to PBF

Postby FransterDoo » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:33 pm

She looks like a really inshape Doxie/Doxie mix - I guess I'm not really seeing pit bull.

Our Doxie/Chi is 14 pounds and is very active. he has some crazy muscle definition as well.

Sydney
Newborn Bully

Postby Sydney » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:13 pm

well her face clearly has some very strong pittie characteristics as well as her actual muscular structure is very much like that of a pit bull...she is not really worked, she is a shelter dog, so her structure is natural build. Oh yeah, she plays like a pit bull, she is rough and rugged!

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”