Scooter Needs Your Help!

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
Angela Adams
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Angela Adams » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:34 pm

awww, he looks so peaceful...When is his surgery scheduled? Did the vet accept your offer of $2000? How are things going? I know it's only been less than a week, since your last post, but i'm always anxious (i know not very healthy for me - hehe)

Tanya
Newborn Bully

Postby Tanya » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:47 am

Any updates on Scooter?

panda
Matured Bully

Postby panda » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:20 pm

Hi Everyone,

I apologize for not being around lately. My husband got laid off from his job of 14 years and I have been franitcally looking for a job myself.

First, I want to thank everyone who contributed to Scooter's fund raiser. There was a glitch at first with paypal but after 10 days the money finally came through and we made $1089! That is huge and we are very thankful to everyone who found a little extra in their pocket books for this sweet boy. I have also been doing other fund raising and now have raised a total of $2000. Scooter is scheduled to have his surgery on September 29th. I am hoping to make arrangements for payments for the remaining cost of his surgery if needed. Scooter gets sweeter with each passing day. He loves us and the other Pit Bulls here as well as anyone who comes to visit. He is pretty funny too and has a silly personality. We have to keep him somewhat sedated so he doesn't run and jump as he will do if not on medication. He is on crate rest for a good portion of each day now as the goal is to prevent his condition from getting worse before his surgery date. He sleeps with us and the other dogs at night and is happy. I know once he has the surgery and is recovered he will love being able to run and play with all his buddies again.

THANK YOU AGAIN FOR BEING SO KIND AND HELPING THIS SWEET BOY GET BETTER!

I will post an update once he has his surgery.

violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby violet » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:27 pm

I was about to email and ask if they ever sent the funds. Darn fundable had me a bit frustrated there for a bit. (though I still highly recommend them for fundraising!)

Keep us posted, Christa, and give Scooter a kiss from me!

panda
Matured Bully

Postby panda » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:36 pm

:bowdown: Thanks again for setting the whole thing up for Scooter, Vi! You were a great help!

violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby violet » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:08 pm

panda wrote::bowdown: Thanks again for setting the whole thing up for Scooter, Vi! You were a great help!

bah :oops: it was seriously far less than I would have liked to have done for you. You have been there for me SO many times. Let's just get this kid healed.

Tanya
Newborn Bully

Postby Tanya » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:50 am

Hope all went well with his surgery yesterday :doggie:

panda
Matured Bully

Postby panda » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:45 pm

Thanks Tanya! Here's the link to the thread with pictures! Thanks again everyone!

http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.p ... 00#1387600

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”