Please think positive thoughts for Sky! *UPDATED*

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Please think positive thoughts for Sky! *UPDATED*

Postby BabyReba » Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:32 pm

Because she FINALLY has a decent application pending! After sifting through apps from clueless people, teenage boys, and people who wanted a dog to keep in their yard or basement, I have a really promising application for her.

The woman applied a week before Christmas, and I've been corresponding with her since then, feeling her out, etc. She has a male lab mix, and she used to own a pit bull who died earlier this year. Her vet office knew her well and gave her the best reference I've heard in a while from a vet office . . . and her sister has an Amstaff and seemed like a smart, responsible bull breed owner. Her references were good, so far all systems go . . .

Sky and I will be visiting the applicant in her home and meeting her and her dog sometime this week . . . please send good vibes her way. She really needs them right now!

I will miss my wiggly baby girl, but she soooo needs a good home that can give her lots more attention and time with people! I truly hope this is it for her.

Last edited by BabyReba on Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BabyReba
Regulator

Postby whiskeyman » Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:42 pm

:headbang: go sky go :headbang:

jeremy
whiskeyman

Postby violet » Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:50 pm

praying here :bowdown:
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby JCleve86 » Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:13 pm

Praying for my favorite little piggy-face!
JCleve86
Forum Junky

Postby X-girl » Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:42 pm

Oh I truly hope all Sky's dreams come true with this woman! BEST OF LUCK TO YOU BOTH!

Fingers and paws are crossed!
X-girl
Regulator

Postby Spurby » Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:33 am

Sending only positive thoughts your way!! :)) Good luck to you and Sky!!
Spurby
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby PitBullPride » Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:08 am

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep us updated!
PitBullPride

Postby Red » Tue Dec 28, 2004 4:50 pm

Good luck with that beautiful girl, Baby Reba.
Red
Addicted to PBF

Postby who00knows » Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:10 pm

X-girl wrote:
Fingers and paws are crossed!

Good Luck!
who00knows
Matured Bully

Location: Not at your local off leash dog park during peak hours

Postby Maryellen » Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:18 pm

oohhhh fingers and all paws crossed here too for Skye!!!
Maryellen

Postby ammitnme » Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:54 pm

Everything we have here is crossed......I so am praying she gets a great home and loving she deserves! Keep us posted!
ammitnme
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby BabyReba » Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:37 am

OK guys, tomorrow night is her big night! So right around 7 PM eastern time, everyone try to mind meld or something for her!

I have talked to the woman who is interested in her every day for the past 4 days, and she is really wonderful. I so hope this is the one.
BabyReba
Regulator

Postby PitBullPride » Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:44 am

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :peace:
PitBullPride

Postby Maryellen » Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:44 am

mind melding is going to go on at 7 for you and Skye with more paws and fingers crossed:):):)
Maryellen

Postby BabyReba » Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:41 pm

Well, Sky MIGHT have a home. The lady who is interested in her is a true dog lover, and would offer a great home if the resident dog will learn to accept her. She was so eager to play with him, but he was somewhat dominant and was eager to show her that he was boss . . . she really impressed me with her behavior, she laid down in front of him and let him sniff her all over and when he put a paw on her head she just sat there and finally pounced to initiate a game.

The woman understands that slow introductions are important, though, and she wants them to have limited exposure so that they can adjust to one another. She took time off this week and part of next week so she could be home to work with them . . . so Sky is in a trial home!

She signed a waiver and contract, and she plans to take Sky to her beach house for the weekend so she can have some alone time with her so they can bond.

The only issue right now is seeing how the two dogs settle in. I'm hoping they do because this is the kind of dedicated dog-loving home I want for her!

I cried a little when I left her--she's really strangely bonded to me, and she was straining and scraping her little claws on the linoleum to try to come with me when I was leaving. She gave me so many hugs and kisses when I was getting ready to leave, it broke my heart to not be able to let her come home with me. She's such a sweet baby.
BabyReba
Regulator

Next

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs