DAchhund for Adoption

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

DAchhund for Adoption

Postby Maryellen » Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:40 am

male, 4 years old, black and tan short hair mini dachhund named jackson. my coworkers friend dumped him on her doorstep, my coworker will foster him until he finds a home. please email me if you know of anyone worthy to give Jackson a loving home. Jackson currently lives with 4 cats and a bunch of ducks.

Jackson CAN go out of state to the right home.
Last edited by Maryellen on Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maryellen

Postby PitBullPride » Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:52 pm

Hey i wish you were closer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know the PERFECT home for a little hotdog!!!!!!!!!!! Does it have to be in-state adoption.?
PitBullPride

Postby Maryellen » Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:55 pm

nope, as long as he gets a loving good home it can be out of state. however they hav to have a phone interview, vet refs, 3 personal refs, and a home visit.. and i will not ship Jackson on a plane, they would have to come and meet me to get him.
Maryellen

Postby Maryellen » Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:23 pm

Here is Jackson!!
Maryellen

Postby BabyReba » Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:27 pm

Ha, I mentioned him to Dug yesterday and he got a little bit excited, like, "Do you think we could handle another dachshund?" (For the record, my answer is WHY would we want to? LOL!).

But after this morning's scare with JD, realizing that at any moment his back could go and he could be paralyzed, Dug's changed his mind. If I know of anyone looking, I'll certainly keep him in mind though! How does he do with kids? Doxies are notorious for being a tad intolerant . . .
BabyReba
Regulator

Postby Maryellen » Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:57 pm

he lived with 3 kids age 8 and up , plus 4 cats , a bunch of ducks too. he is starved for affection, the teenager who owned him never spent any time with him, i am going to be getting him for a couple of days once i get owner surrender papers signed , then i can see if he is as nice as my coworker said. i believe her, she knows how i am and she was soo worried he would wind up in a shelter.
Maryellen

Postby BabyReba » Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:13 pm

awww, i'm glad you're giving him a chance. i really hate to see doxies in shelters becuase they are strangely sensitive little creatures and they really suffer in shelter environments. then they get adopted by idiots who think the little weiner dog would make a funny pet, then when it's not well housebroken (common problem) or too stubborn or dig or whatever, they get brought right back to the shelter!

let me know what his temperament is like when you get him. JD has a local fan club here among people who beg to dog sit him when we go away . . . if any of them gets serious about wanting a dachshund, i am ADAMANT that they do not get one from a breeder since there are so many rescue doxies around!
BabyReba
Regulator

Postby Maryellen » Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:17 pm

ok i will.
Maryellen

Postby Maryellen » Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:34 am

Jackson is not with me yet, when he gets to my house he will spend a minimum of two weeks with me to access his temperment. Only after his temperment is assessed will he be ready for adoption. i also might have to get him neutered if he is not already.

Once his two week foster stay is up, he will be available for adoption if he passes.. no ifs ands or buts about it... Two week mandatory foster stay.
Maryellen

Postby Maryellen » Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:50 pm

OK Everyone, please keep those fingers and paws crossed that the original owner signs the owner surrender papers for me .. i cant get jackson unless she signs them. due to the roommates arguing, if i take jackson without them i could get in trouble. i am praying she signs the forms so i can go get little jackson... :crybaby: :crybaby: i hate people like this , just sign the F****** forms so i can give this guy a great home already!!!
Maryellen

Postby PitBullPride » Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:16 pm

^ Yes please do!
PitBullPride

Postby Maryellen » Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:07 pm

my coworkers roommate is toying with her with everything. she left her for another man after 11 years together.. i just wish she would think about the dog instead of her self and give me the papers uggh
Maryellen

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs