Rescued a Pit on I-95 today (S. Florida), anyone have ideas

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Rescued a Pit on I-95 today (S. Florida), anyone have ideas

Postby Boomer » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:37 pm

Anyone want to work as a rescue??

The GF and I were driving home from the Broward Humane Society (looking for another cat) and I see a dog running on the left next to the wall. I immediatey stopped and so did 2 other vehicles. Traffic was moving fast and heavy, visability was bad (dusk). The left 2 lanes came to a crawl. The others & myself approached. It was a female red purebred pit. She looked at all of us squatted and peed. Tail was WAY up between her legs. It was obvious she was terrified. Two Broward county Sheriff's Deputies stopped but didn't want to help catch her, they stayed on traffic detail. All of us worked togather and got her to lean against a car. She was so scared...one of the guys tried to pet her and she snapped a quick warning. So we started talking to her and finally she let one woman slip a makeshift lead (nylon tow strap) over her head. Took about 15 minutes from that point to get her in the woman's truck.

Anyway, the woman took her home for the night. She knows a vet who works with a rescue (not just pits) I am calling her in the morning to figure out where she is going to take her. She said if I can find a better place or person I can take her. She is a little underweight but otherwise in good shape (from looks). I think she showed good temperment even with the little snap (if she wanted to bite she had hundreds of opportunities). I would love to take her as my own but I will be getting a female Presa and do not want any female Vs female issues.

South or central Florida people....anyone want to rescue her or know of a good rescue?
Boomer

Postby Boomer » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:38 pm

Addition:
No tags

I will start checking the local papers to see if someone is trying to find her.
Boomer

Postby mnp13 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:46 pm

I'm in New York, so can't realy help, but thanks for stopping and helping to save her!

Michelle
mnp13

Postby MiracleMidnightPits » Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:47 am

I'm in Ocala, I'd be happy to help.
MiracleMidnightPits

Postby PitBullPride » Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:02 am

I'm in Tampa, I can try and make some calls, as I have a full house...3 females would be crazy here!
PitBullPride

Postby murried2 » Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:09 am

I'm in Virginia, so I'm out, but I wanted to thank you for stopping to help her!
murried2
Matured Bully

Postby Boomer » Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:53 pm

MiracleMidnightPits wrote:I'm in Ocala, I'd be happy to help.

Would you want to take her? I will PM you my phone number
Boomer

Postby MiracleMidnightPits » Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:35 pm

I'll be happy to foster her. And teach her love and give her TLC .
MiracleMidnightPits

Postby MiracleMidnightPits » Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:36 pm

In the end, I'll probably be the one adopting her..... roflmao
MiracleMidnightPits

Postby GreddysAngel » Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:38 pm

Just another foster 101 failure.. teehee
GreddysAngel
Addicted to PBF

Postby Boo439 » Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:25 pm

Thanks for stopping!!! I see dogs on 95 all the time. It's so sad. They get dumped off at the rest stops and usually end up getting hit.
Boo439

Postby molucass » Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:52 pm

Any news on what happened with her?
molucass
Forum Junky

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs