Am. Bull in RI

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Am. Bull in RI

Postby Laurier » Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:34 am

I was perusing Petfinder and came across this guy. He is in Pawtucket RI, not the nicest of places to live, they actually have a ban on pit bulls. The adoption fee is only $15, with a $20 spay/neuter deposit, I hope he doesn't end up in the wrong hands :(

Isn't he gorgeous? :inlove: They didn't even give him a name :crybaby:

This big mush of a dog was let out of a car and dropped off in a strange neighborhood. A concerned citizen called the shelter and the dog was brought in. He is brindle and white about 3-5 years old. He is as sweet as he is strong and is looking for that special home to call his own.

http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action ... mpl=&stat=
Laurier

Postby K » Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:44 am

He is FANTASTIC!...how could anyone NOT want him?...I'll never understand :sad: ...I hope he finds a great place soon!
K

Postby Maryellen » Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:18 am

what a jerk for doing that to this poor dog!!! if anyone is interested in him i might be able to get a volunteer that lives in that area from rottie rescue to evaluate him
Maryellen

Postby caped dog » Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:54 pm

I :po: hate spay/neuter deposits. As we've all noticed and have mentioned previously, AB's are the up-and-coming BYB hot ticket item... its freakin' criminal to not neuter him before placement. He is gorgeous, and deserves to live...description makes him sound like an AB...pig-headed and squishy... lol

Animal shelters, being closest to the tragedy of mass euthanasia, were first to adopt early spay/neuter policies. Even though the majority of animal care and control facilities have a mandatory spay/neuter policy, typical compliance rates are from 50% to 60%, in spite of pre-adoption screening, spay/neuter contracts, and follow-up reminders (14). http://www.cvm.uiuc.edu/ope/ivb/spay-neu.htm

Really, it is not so difficult to set up a contract vet to have the animal sent straight there rather than to the home. My AC had over $100,000 in unclaimed S/N deposits...used it to purchase a s/n trailer and dis-allow the policy of letting anything leave intact. CA has specific laws on the subject...it is not so much that they were in violation, but that they were over-extending the parameters...

30503. (a) Except as otherwise provided in subdivision (b), no
public animal control agency or shelter, society for the prevention
of cruelty to animals shelter, humane society shelter, or rescue
group shall sell or give away to a new owner any dog that has not
been spayed or neutered. http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/cacodes/fac/30501-30504.html
caped dog
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby mthegodfather » Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:05 pm

He is a pretty boy. I hope he finds a great home.
mthegodfather

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs