Pregnant Pit in L.A., CROSSPOST

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Pregnant Pit in L.A., CROSSPOST

Postby WannaWhitePitty » Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:16 pm

CALL: South LA Shelter to help this dog!
3612 11th Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90018
888- 4LAPET1 or 888-452-7381, (In state numbers only)
FAX: 213-847-0554
Closed Monday
Tuesday - Saturday (8:00AM - 5:00PM)
Sunday (12:00PM - 4:00PM)

you can also Reply to: anon-54707089@craigslist.org (@craigslist.org) about this message. please go to the following web site Josee a picture of her and chow you can help!
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/pet/54607425.html

This is Pretty, a wonderfully sweet pregnant Pit bull in the South LA shelter who is up for adoption to the public:

Yesterday my son and I went to the South LA shelter to look for a dog to adopt; we met the most beautiful 2 year old pit bull named Pretty. Her people just turned her in yesterday and she is pregnant--this is a problem for so many reasons. She was very sweet and gentle with me and my 8 year old, and she is also soooo pretty.

I wanted to adopt her, but they told me that if I adopted her they would abort her pups and spay her. She is visibly pregnant, maybe near to delivery, and I couldn't stomach the idea of aborting the pups at this stage. But...the man at the shelter told me that if she is not adopted, they will put her down on Sunday (her review date) because they don't want any more puppies to be born at the shelter.

If you are with a rescue group PLEASE consider bailing her out, and allowing her to keep her pups.

If anyone has any other ideas about how we can help her please let me know... I would be willing to do whatever it takes to help her and her babies, and I would really like to adopt her once her pups are weaned. I live in an apartment and have another dog, so I cannot provide an adequate home for the whole litter.

Please let me know if you have any ideas for how we can save this sweet mama.
please look at her!! She is so sweet!!!
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/pet/54607425.html
WannaWhitePitty

Postby Boo439 » Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:36 am

How sad... I hope someone steps up and takes her and her little ones :pray
Boo439

Postby caped dog » Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:32 am

LA needs a litter of of pit X whatever puppies like they need gang violence, riots and social unrest. Really, it's a life for a life out there and I would certainly not recommend bringing 10 unknowns into the world so that 10 knowns can perish. IMO, spay/termination is absolutely the right thing in this case. I just wish someone would step up for that. Her image is "currently unavailable" so either she went down or went somewhere else. Rescuers and good sams who pull these dogs generally haven't the foggiest idea what the heck to do to make the situation right, so ten more babies go out inadequately socialized on spay/neuter contracts. http://www.cvm.uiuc.edu/ope/ivb/spay-neu.htm If you truly have the resources to do it right, I am not here to judge, only to say that in this case there is no doubt that the shelter did the right thing to spell it out for the potential adopter... and stick to their guns.
caped dog
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby caped dog » Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:25 am

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/pet/54894061.html

Pretty The Pit Has Been Rescued!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: anon-54894061@craigslist.org
Date: 2005-01-08, 9:41AM PST

God Bless the rescuer that came through and rescued Pretty from S. LA Shelter. She will be having her puppies and is SAFE!!!!!!!!!! She was pulled on a medical waiver and the pull fee was $197.00 but she is alive and her puppies will be too! Thanks to everyone who crossposted Pretty's fate and saved her life.

This is a happy ending to a dog that would have died tomorrow, one of the many reasons rescue posts should be looked at first and foremost. FLAG those backyard breeder, pet store posts. They are prohibited!!!!!!!!!!
caped dog
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs