Lucy in Virginia! Sole Survivor, so sad

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Lucy in Virginia! Sole Survivor, so sad

Postby bonarrow92 » Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:55 pm

I received Lucy today, one of our wonderful members drove her up to me.

She was seized in a drug raid. She was kenneled with 6 other dogs, 4 were already dead from starvation. A 5th died while they were there saving them, the 6th died in a woman's arms at the vets office. The vet was told to euth Lucy but he wouldn't do it. He helped her make it thru the night and when they knew she would survive she was turned over to the shelter. But the shelter didn't want to wait for her to get better, they wanted to go ahead and put her down. A girl at the shelter begged for her life and made some phone calls, now she's here with me.

She's not healthy enough for her spay yet so we've got a spot scheduled for Feb 8th. She'll be able to go to a new forever home after that. She'll be up to date on her shots and wormings, and she'll be spayed and receive her rabies vacs on the 8th.

She's so so sweet, a little timid at first but who can blame her. She gets along with all the dogs and the cat. She likes my daughter but she's a little frightened just yet by her quick movements. I think she'll work her way out of that pretty quick.
Another thing is her size, she is so tiny. A very very small little girl, she makes all my dogs look like giants. I bet she maxes out at 35 pounds once she's better, and that's if I get her fat. It took some convincing to get her to hop up on the sofa. Once she knew it was okay she got comfy.

Okay, enough about her.
Her adoption fee is $75, covers all of her vet care and spay.
Contact me for an adoption application.
Rebecca
bonarrow92 @ Hotmail.com
434-384-1479
ImageImage
ImageImage
Rescues[/url]
bonarrow92

Postby FantomsDad » Sat Jan 08, 2005 9:00 pm

Awesome job on rescuing her. Is she the dog in your avator?
FantomsDad
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby bonarrow92 » Sat Jan 08, 2005 9:09 pm

No, my avatar is/was my very first pit bull, Arrow.
For what ever reason the photos I'm posting only show up part of the time. Not sure what's up with that. One minute they're there then the next they aren't. If you click the Rescues link below the photos you can check out the Available Rescues page for her photos.
Wish they would come up and stay up. The photos I have up of her are the ones taken at the shelter. I've snapped a few of her at the house just can't get them on the computer yet.
becca
bonarrow92

Postby Patch O' Pits » Sat Jan 08, 2005 9:26 pm

What a horrible story! I'm glad at least this one gets to have a happy ending! Good work!
Patch O' Pits
Addicted to PBF

Postby saturn2 » Sat Jan 08, 2005 9:52 pm

Thanks for helping this poor girl. Lucy's story is so sad. I saw her pictures and her markings look like my girl, Reina's. She'll be really beautiful when she's healthy again.

~Sharon
saturn2
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby diane » Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:19 pm

Bless you for saving this poor puppy! She's so thin and looks so scared. :crybaby:
diane

New Photos of her!

Postby bonarrow92 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:11 pm

I put two new photos of her on the site. They put her pick up date on the paperwork as Dec 30th, so after 8 days of care, good food and a good worming she looks like this.
She is sickeningly skinny still, I can't imagine what she looked like the day they found them.
becca

I hope these photos come up, if not they are on the site. Rescues
bonarrow92

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs