Connie has till Monday

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Connie has till Monday

Postby merriterrier » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:50 pm

On Monday a guy came to relinquish this girl to the shelter, the shelter does not accept owner relinquished Pit Bulls, but called me right away. I have been dying of some rotten cold/flu thing so I wasn't dressed. Rather than wait 20min for me to get down to the shelter the asshat drove up in the mountains and dumped her. Luckily yesterday some new Jeep owners were test driving their new Jeep in the snow drifts and found her shivering with a bit of frostbite. Seeing she was a Pit Bull they thought they would give her a sandwich and a bit of water and drive back to town to report her, but when they opened the door she hopped right in. Of course the shelter took her this time.

I went today to get a couple pics and meet her, but did not give a formal TT (b/c she will have 5 days from the time I TT her to euth, I put it off till Fri). She is a total doll! very sweet and affectionate, and good with kids, no observable DA (though the dog she met that was not kenneled is the shelter mascot: so very dog submissive). She does pull on the leash, but is housebroken (or at least will not go in her kennel). She was cool with all the poking and pulling and basically just wanted more. As you can see from the pic she is a sucker for ear scritches. She needs to loose some weight, as she is a bit of a porker ATM (I would bet she weighs about 50ish pounds and should loose about 5lbs). I will fully TT her on Fri and get some more pics.

Name Suggestions Appreciated.

If you are interested or have ideas feel free to PM me! Thanks all!
Last edited by merriterrier on Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:08 pm

Chamois (Shammy)
Poor girl!!

Kirstan
Forum Junky

Postby Kirstan » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:56 pm

Dallas - I don't know why.

CUTE!

APBTmom
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby APBTmom » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:02 pm

Emgee (MG aka Mountain Girl...Jerry Garcia's old Girlfriend)
Yes I'm a huge Deadhead lol

Pit_friendly
Matured Bully

Postby Pit_friendly » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:34 am

Can the Humane Office file a complaint against the deadbeat who dumped her in the mountains to freeze death? Do they have a name or any way to ID this creep? I say a blanket party at his house is in order!!!! :whip: :bully: :switch:

What about Doll? She's a doll baby after all! I wish I had room!

pitbullmommy
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby pitbullmommy » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:42 pm

Poor Baby!!!!!!!! I can't believe that bastard just dumped her like that. How could he? I feel so bad to think of her freezing to death all on her own. Poor thing probably waiting for the bunghole to return. I am so glad she was found and hopefully she will be adopted.

Brenda

Sweet72947
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Sweet72947 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:05 pm

What a cute, chunky thing she is. lol

A POX on the owner who dumped her in the cold! :bully:

merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby merriterrier » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:48 am

I think we have found the real owner. He is very upset/pissed off. Apparently he left the dog in the care of his friend (the dumper) while he had to stay in Denver for a couple months caring for his dying mother. The "friend" got tired of Connie, and told the owner to come get her, while he was trying to arrange for someone else to take her the "friend" decided he didn't want to wait or?? and dumped her. The real owner is supposed to come on Mon and reclaim her. I am slightly worried that he will try to take her to Denver (since he is not done dealing with his mother). I think I'll try to talk him out of taking her to Denver, and try to find someplace for her to board or stay (ending up in Denver AC is only one step above being dumped in the mountains, and she has less chance of making it out alive). But thanks to the owner we have more than a first name and a non working #, we have full name and address, the shelter is pressing charges. :peace:

Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Ilovethepits » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:11 pm

Good luck with this one. Geez....people. :po:

ilikelily
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby ilikelily » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:05 am

Wow! What a turn of events.

he shelter is pressing charges

awesome!

I can't imagine how happy Connie is going to be to see her owner! I can understand him wanting to keep her with him in Denver after all of this. I hope you are able to talk to him so she remains safe. :peace:

merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby merriterrier » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:48 pm

Damn, the owner is not coming to get Connie. I guess he realized that she wouldn't fair well in Denver... He said he would try to find a relative to take her, but it doesn't look hopeful, and her stray hold is up. :frown:

Morgan will be back in town tomorrow or thurs and we'll talk then, but I'm not sure how it will go. Ardy had another backslide and I don't know what we are doing...

Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Ilovethepits » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:10 pm

I am SO sorry. Poor thing. I can't imagine a circumstance in which I'd give up my dogs. I know they exist, but I just can't imagine it.

luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby luvnstuff » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:06 pm

awww that whole story is so damn sad!!
fingers crossed for her. :frown:

seekup1
Adolescent Bully

Postby seekup1 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:52 pm

this is frustrating
look
I live in oregon so if you all have a pit needing help here then just let me know
I love the red nose but am not picky

merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby merriterrier » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:07 am

Connie has till Monday.

She has been spayed, if someone will take her, I will get her rabies as well. She is Dog Selective. My opinion is that it is totally workable, however, I would prefer she be placed in a Pit Bull savvy place or with a compatible male. She is not good with small dogs or cats.

Connie is very gentle and good with children. She loves everyone. She thinks she is a big lap dog. I would bring her here, but we are full (and the not being good with small dogs, Morgan can't have that). She was adopted (through the shelter), but the adopters returned her (thank goodness, I was so worried about her). But now she is slated for euth. :frown:

I have been contacting other rescues, but with the season, and the economy everyone is full. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it.

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”