Guiness & lilly in CA please help!!

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Postby Maryellen » Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:04 pm

URGENT PLEASE ANY RESCUERS OUT THERE CAN YOU HELP THEM???
Maryellen

Postby Maryellen » Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:55 pm

bump
Maryellen

Postby violet » Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:27 pm

I guess I am confused. Are the dogs IN a high kill shelter still or were they transferred from one high kill to another? I am almost 3 days from Ventura.
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby caped dog » Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:01 pm

Really, these folks outta be ashamed of themselves... take her puppies and then dump her back at the shelter...indeed, I do not know all the details, that is certainly how it sounds...no rescue should be saving puppies at the expense of adult dogs, least of all their mama.

Lily was rescued from a high-kill shelter just days from giving birth to ten beautiful pups. Lily was an excellent Mommy, caring for her puppies tirelessly night and day. Now that her pups are old enough to go to their new homes, Lily is ready to find her new forever home as well. Lily is a beautiful, active girl who adores people. She would do best in a home as an only dog or with another (submissive) male dog. She is a little too interested in cats, though. Lily can jump very high and would make an excellent agility dog or running partner. She is very motivated by food and therefore is easy to train. Plus, she is SO beautiful! Please consider giving this very special gal the loving home she deserves. Note: more pictures on the way of this gorgeous girl!

Final Date for Adoption: Lily is currently being held at a high-kill shelter, and has until NEXT FRIDAY, JANUARY 14TH TO BE ADOPTED OR THEY WILL BE EUTHANIZED.

before I get myself into a total snit, I'll see if there is more to the situation...and any way I can help out. ARRGGGHH!!!
caped dog
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Maryellen » Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:37 pm

i dont know, all i know is this woman posted them on bsl by state group that i belong to , and i figured to post them here. both lily and guiness are in a shelter.. please help
Maryellen

Postby Maryellen » Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:39 pm

i just emailed the girl who posted them on bsl by state, and hopefully she will send me whatever info she has. i wish i couldhelp, but i am in nj
Maryellen

Postby pittymomma » Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:15 pm

This is WHY the pooches ended up back in a shelter.
Posted by Suzie ( the rescuer who took them in)

I am heartbroken to report that due to my ignorant and evil neighbor, I was forced to relinquish my two foster dogs, Guinness and Lily, to animal control yesterday.

My neighbor has had it in for all of my dogs because according to her, pit bulls in general are vicious monsters and she refuses to listen to my attempts to deprogram her. She has nothing better to do than create drama, she has no life, no love, no happiness. She blatantly LIED to animal control, saying there was damage to the fence that borders our properties and that my dogs tried to attack her through the damaged fence, so that A/C would come to my home to investigate. She screamed at me and called me names. She left 17 messages on my machine in one day. A/C found NO damage to the fence, but because I had two more dogs at my home than the law allows (the limit is three), I was told that two would have to go.

Guinness and Lily are currently being held at a high-kill shelter, and have until NEXT FRIDAY, JANUARY 14TH TO BE ADOPTED OR THEY WILL BE EUTHANIZED. I have spent thousands of dollars on these dogs' veterinary care and boarding and there is just no way I can keep it up. I have been working twelve hour days trying to stay afloat in addition to trying to save as many dogs as I can, and I am absolutely exhausted, too exhausted to keep up the fight any longer. I can't stop crying and my boss thinks I am insane. I did my best for them and hopefully whatever happens, they will end up in a kinder place.

On the off chance that anyone in the So Cal area is looking for a wonderful dog, they are both amazing, fantastic, sweet, loving and intelligent animals. Here is my PBRC page- I will be posting new pictures of Lily tomorrow. Guinness and Lily

Thanks to all for listening.

Susan

I hope someone can help these puppers.
V& the brats
pittymomma
Bully Ambassador

Postby violet » Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:40 pm

I'm not in So. Cal but I will see what I can find out and maybe accomplish..is that Vero?????
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:10 pm

ok, guiness and lily both need foster/forever homes. the woman on bsl by state is posting them on this forum, but i dont know where she is posting them.
Maryellen

Postby Maryellen » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:14 pm

dam edit button.. never mind, it was my post to nancy saying i posted them both here.
Maryellen

Postby caped dog » Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:24 pm

Yep... the beauty of more information... I did get a response to my email and the conditions that precipitate the return to the shelter seem wholly out of her control... the puppies were responsibly re-homed and it was certainly not her choice to send these two dogs back. She's got the opportunity to have some folks in CO take them, though there are financial issues that would make that difficult... I'll be re-posting the outreach letter...more later...M
caped dog
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby caped dog » Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:04 pm

Outreach letter

January 8, 2005

Re: Hope and Help for Guinness and Lily

Dear Friends and Neighbors,

As many of you know, I was forced to relinquish my two rescued foster dogs, Guinness and Lily, to Animal Control on Thursday. They have until Friday, January 14th to be rescued or they will be euthanized. Both dogs were rescued in early 2003 from the South Los Angeles shelter, moments from death. Guinness had been severely abused and I spent months rehabilitating him and am very proud of the progress he has made. When Lily was saved, she was just days from giving birth to ten beautiful pups. She was the perfect Mommy and all ten pups remain healthy and have been placed in wonderful, loving homes. Guinness and Lily are both affectionate, soulful dogs who deserve a better fate than to die alone in the pound. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to find responsible, caring homes for adult pit bulls, especially here in California where media hype and lack of education have led to an epidemic of anti-pit bull hysteria.

Guinness and Lily’s current situation has left me feeling helpless, heartbroken and exhausted. But, being the animal lover that I am, I refuse to give up on them. After many tearful prayers, I contacted every rescue organization and pit bull friendly message board that I could find. The response from the animal loving community, especially those who know these special dogs, has been overwhelming.

Yesterday, a plan was put into action to save Guinness and Lily’s lives. There is a foster home for Guinness and a no-kill shelter that will protect and re-home Lily. Both are located in Colorado, where dog overpopulation and pit bull prejudice are not so rampant.

The kind words and encouragement that Mike and I have received from so many of you has given me the strength to continue the good fight, and for that I am indescribably grateful. But my battle has not been won yet. In order for these dogs to be saved, there is still much work to do. We need to act quickly. Both dogs will need to be bailed out and boarded until the weather warms up enough to safely transport them via airplane to Boulder. They will need veterinary clearance to travel with the airline. All of this will cost money. I have spent thousands of dollars of my own money on this cause and I will continue to do all I can. The rescues are tapped out and we simply can not undertake this mission without help.

If you are able to contribute to saving the lives of these two very deserving dogs, please go to http://www.paypal.com, click on the “Send Money” tab and make a donation to [url]susancnj@hotmail.com[/url]. Or, you may make a check payable to Pit Crew Rescue c/o Susan Johnson. Every little bit will help and will go directly to saving Guinness and Lily’s lives.

Thank you again to those of you who have been so compassionate and supportive during this difficult time, and thanks for helping me try to make the world a kinder place for animals.

Best Regards,

Susan [url]susancnj@hotmail.com[/url]

Lily:

Guinness:

caped dog
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs