An Apollo Looking for home - MI

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

An Apollo Looking for home - MI

Postby Salival » Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:35 pm

This is an Apollo :)) Not sure what an Apollo is but there is probably some bully in there, about 50lbs and roughly 1-2 years old. He is up to date on vaccs & rabies, neutered, housetrained, crate trained and working on leash manners. He knows sit and has GREAT recall! He is such a motivated boy, fantastic drives and very willing to please. I have not seen him shut down once since he has come into my house over a month ago. I know he would be great in agility, weightpull, or any other performance you want him to do. I have not had a foster like him in a long time. Very strong little guy and very determined. He has been around both my male and female dogs and there have been no signs of problems. He has actually played with my ab intact male before and had a blast(:oops: this was by error though, thankfully they did great together).

A couple of his "problems" still are leash manners. He came to me and had no idea what it was to walk. Fun but we are moving along and his walking is doing better. He still likes to hop around like a husky on his hind legs :)) We have been working on his subtle possession issues. I was told he was a stray so this is understandable. He has never growled, snapped, or attempted to defend or be aggressive in anyway.

Apollo would be best in an active home only, I will not make exceptions on that. This boy wants to work with you and after a hard day of work is more than content to lay around with you. He is also a huge lover! He is perfectly content just being pet by you and loves to give kisses!

Anyone interested please let me know! Out of state adopters are also welcome! Oh sorry about the glaring eyes, I can't figure out how to fix them :(
ImageImage
ImageImage
Salival
Super Bully

Postby BabyReba » Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:59 pm

Haha, that marking of dark fur on his head makes him look a little like Eddie Munster! Cute pup, hope he finds a great home!
BabyReba
Regulator

Postby Salival » Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:05 pm

Oh I think his face is just beautiful! I fell in love with it the moment I saw it :inlove: I think I even squealed a little :oops: lol

He is such a cool boy. I am not really in a hurry to find him a home but there are just so many dogs that need to be saved I would like to help them as well. Please feel free to crosspost this if you would like ;)
Salival
Super Bully

Postby Maryellen » Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:42 am

ooohh he is adorable!!maybe he is either dobe/pit or shep/pit with the markings on his head?? and yes, babyreba is right, he looks like eddie munster with that head :):):):)
Maryellen

Postby KeeperofKaos » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:24 am

He is such a handsome boy :inlove: I wish I could take him in but I just can't do anything right now. I have my hands full with my own right now.
KeeperofKaos

Postby luvnstuff » Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:08 pm

Oh and lets not forget as Apollo and dogs from his shelter look for a home (like CopperTop!) that they are from an all kill shelter.

There is definatly a hot button under these guys to get a home.
For every day we have them another dog goes under.

And two points for Salavial for taking in this big guy to give him a chance. Bullys dont last long in kill shelters. :sad:

Gooo Apollo!!!

A PURE bred Michigan Brown Dog!!! :thumbsup:
luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs