I don't know what to do with Cookie

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
PBlover4LIFE
Newborn Bully

I don't know what to do with Cookie

Postby PBlover4LIFE » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:55 pm

I love my beautiful girl. I know she will be a great companion one day. Unfortunately I am moving and can't bring her with me.
I have asked friends if they could take her but no luck. I just don't know where to turn and I am running out of time. Does anyone have any answers or suggestions?

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:19 pm

first off, no owner surrenders allowed. read the rules.
second, find a place that will take her..

Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:58 pm

1. return her to the rescue if you adopted her
2. return her to the breeder if you bought her

I hope you do not get a dog again that you have not planned to have for 11-15 years. I know times are tough so that's all I'm going to say.

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:15 pm

Did you ever get her housebroken??
Why can't you wait to find a home where you can have her??

PBlover4LIFE
Newborn Bully

Postby PBlover4LIFE » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:05 pm

She is housebroken. And just for the record I was in the hospital over half of last month and diagnosed with epilepsy. I can't even take care of myself as it stands right now. So I am being forced to move in with a friend.

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:06 pm

Where was she this whole time?

InBearsMemory
Bully Ambassador

Re: I don't know what to do with Cookie

Postby InBearsMemory » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:55 am

PBlover4LIFE wrote:I love my beautiful girl. I know she will be a great companion one day. Unfortunately I am moving and can't bring her with me.

I usually don't comment on stuff like this but the sentence above I find particularly ironic.
It's kind of like "I love my wife but unfortunately I am getting a divorce....."
If you loved your dog you would find a way to take her with you and not just give her up. Dog's have one thing that most people lack and that is loyalty.

konked
Newborn Bully

Re: I don't know what to do with Cookie

Postby konked » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:58 am

InBearsMemory wrote:
PBlover4LIFE wrote:I love my beautiful girl. I know she will be a great companion one day. Unfortunately I am moving and can't bring her with me.

I usually don't comment on stuff like this but the sentence above I find particularly ironic.
It's kind of like "I love my wife but unfortunately I am getting a divorce....."
If you loved your dog you would find a way to take her with you and not just give her up. Dog's have one thing that most people lack and that is loyalty.

Well sometimes, because you love them you have to give them up because it will probably be for the best. Just MO.

If it's true that you have epilepsy and you're moving in with a friend.. why won't that friend take her in as well? Well, good luck on trying to find her a new home.

konked
Newborn Bully

Postby konked » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:59 am

Oh, and I'm sorry to hear that you've been diagnosed with epilepsy. I have a cousin who was diagnosed with it, and it is no joke.

RuffMuttK9z

Postby RuffMuttK9z » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:25 am

This will be the 2nd dog that you've had to ditch due to 'life changes,' will it not? Me thinks you don't need to get another dog, ever. I honestly can't help but think you're only wanting to get rid of Cookie because you're still having trouble housetraining her. You say she is housetrained but you posted less than a month ago saying that you couldn't get her housetrained, that you didn't like females and that you were thinking of selling her. I have absolutely no sympathy for you, sorry.

merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby merriterrier » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:22 am

Where do you live? And how did you acquire the dog?

LoveBullies
Matured Bully

Postby LoveBullies » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:50 pm

Where are you located at?

House training is no issue... It is time and patience.. and if you have a lot of love for an animal or any animal, then time and patience don't matter....

I'm sorry for your medical reasons, but I am more saddened for this poor pup...

I would love to sit here and join in with the badgering, but I have dealt with so many "owner surrenders" I no longer care for your or their reasonings, and only for the safety of the pup, Message me and let me know your location, maybe I can get a local resuce involved, I work with several up and down the east coast.

LoveBullies
Matured Bully

Postby LoveBullies » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:53 pm

I just saw your first post on this site, that you are in SWFL... I can come pick her up from you anytime. I am also located in SWFL, I am in the Fort Myers area. Please get with me, so we can get this pup in a good & permanent home.

Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Ilovethepits » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:55 pm

Way to step up Lovesbullies. Fingers & paws crossed you can work it out.

GSDBulldog
Addicted to PBF

Postby GSDBulldog » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:40 pm

PBlover4LIFE
You're screen name is rather ironic.

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”