Gidget in PA, needs a forever home.

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
ProudMommy77
Forum Junky

Gidget in PA, needs a forever home.

Postby ProudMommy77 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:52 pm

I am posting this for a friend of mine that works at the local shelter. I have had the pleasure of meeting and spending time with Gidget, and did at one point consider bringing her here with me. But, with five dogs, I am filled to the max, and honestly cannot squeeze another in. Gidget is just a happy girl, and has a zest for life, and a wonderful big bully smile to go with it. She's been in the shelter for a long time, and deserves to have a home to call her own. Crossposting appericated.

As I was walking through the kennels yesterday, I stopped and looked into the third kennel, and saw Gidget staring lovingly up at me, just looking at her sad face, made me nearly burst into tears. I went in her kennel and sat with her for a few minutes, giving her a nice rub down, she sat there happily wagging her tail and kissing me, then going into her pit bull snorts of joy. Gidget has been at our shelter since the Spring. She is getting so cold now that it is nearly Christmas, she shivers in her kennel, no matter how many blankets I pile on her bed.

Gidget is probably about 8 years old, she came in as a stray. She's a brindle pit bull, she's really a beautiful girl. We took her to get spayed, and we got a tumor removed from her chest. The vet said that she has hemangioma, which is a cancer, but since it was removed, the vet said there's a 50/50 chance with her, it can grow back, or it may never be a problem again. She since has been healthy, she is spayed and loves to run zoomies on the side porch when we let her out in the morning, and loves to play with some of the other dogs. She is just one of those dogs, that just loves everyone. She goes on walks up the mountain with quite a few other dogs, and is never a problem with males or females, I think with a proper introduction to any resident dogs in any household, she'd be just fine.

She can pull on the leash, and loves to play tug with the leash, but will stop with a firm "No!" and will walk along happily. I just feel so bad for her, spending so much time at the shelter. Pit bulls want to be on a couch in a home, she wants her creature comforts! Gidget is really a commedian, running all over every morning excited to get out of her kennel.

She loves chewies and treats, and is very food motivated. When you rub her belly, she snorts with joy. She isn't a high maitenance dog, she just wants to relax, and go for one or two walks a day. I think she's just an amazing girl. She has the most beautiful bullie smile.

So when I was hugging and kissing Gidgie the other day, I made a promise to her before I left her kennel. I said, "Gidget, I'm going to do my best, to get you out of here before Christmas, I'd do anything to know that you got to spend Christmas with a family, in a warm home." So please forward this along to anyone you know, even if they might not be interested, maybe a friend of theirs will be. Please help me find her a forever home, for the Holidays.

Please email me, Liz, at eap175@psu.edu, for more information. I would be willing to help with introductions or anything for this girl to get a forever home.

haircrazie016
Bully Ambassador

Postby haircrazie016 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:04 pm

shes adorable! i love the oldies!

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:12 pm

try www.outofthepits.org they have a soft spot for seniors..

SadiesHuman
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby SadiesHuman » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:49 pm

She's fabulous. I'm going to cross post this a bit and see what I can find. I would take her in a heart beat if we weren't maxed out too.

APBT<3er
Forum Junky

Postby APBT<3er » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:33 pm

Maryellen wrote:try www.outofthepits.org they have a soft spot for seniors..

What an amazing organization! This is the first I've heard from them but I'm very intrigued, thanks for posting the link.

Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Postby Nickdawg » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:19 pm

you could also post her on the senior dogs project site http://www.srdogs.com/

sweetie pie :)

SadiesHuman
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby SadiesHuman » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:28 pm

Woot, I just got a hit on Gidget. I forwarded the email to Liz and I hope somethin pans out.

ProudMommy77
Forum Junky

Postby ProudMommy77 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:02 pm

SadiesHuman wrote:Woot, I just got a hit on Gidget. I forwarded the email to Liz and I hope somethin pans out.

awesome...keep your fingers crossed!

Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Postby Nickdawg » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:14 am

:headbang:

Pitless2208
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Pitless2208 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:51 am

any news on this girl?

SadiesHuman
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby SadiesHuman » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:48 am

I haven't heard anythin since I fowarded the hit I got on her. I was just thinking about her too.

ProudMommy77
Forum Junky

Postby ProudMommy77 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:56 pm

I just talked to Liz this afternoon. She said there is suspose to be someone coming to look at her today, so let's keep her fingers cross. The two other hits that she got on her, didn't pan out for various reasons. Hopefully this old lady will be in a new home for the new year!

Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Postby Nickdawg » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:23 pm

fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ProudMommy77
Forum Junky

Postby ProudMommy77 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:17 am

Sadly enough, the person never showed to look at her, and stopped answering Liz's emails. So, Gidget is still at the shelter, but she is out in the general play area with the other dogs, and has proven to be excellent, playing nice, and being social. Anyone want to give this old lady a nice warm home?

Pitless2208
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Pitless2208 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:59 pm

:sad: very sad

Theres just something about that face- I would take her in a heartbeat if I could.

I hope a forever home comes along soon... I am still rooting for her.

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”